Author Topic: 17 inch year ones  (Read 15191 times)

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: 17 inch year ones
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »
There are a few other there in th 17" that are raised white letters.... or maybe I will just make my own.  Something like using this: http://www.duplicolor.com/products/hottires.html
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Firebird80

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 11:49:16 PM »
You'll have to post pics of them on your car and let us know how they fit.  I guess I'm a little more concerned than most with them fitting my car ony because I have the Hotchkis lowering springs on my car.  I would just hate to buy tires only for them to not fit.  That is a good deal though... it is tempting to buy them just for the deal...

What tires do you have on it now and how does it look?  Can you post pics?  Knowing where you're at now will help to determine what's best to go with.

I have 225/70R15's on it now.  The only good pics I have of it are after I changed the broken front V6 coil spings to factory chevy small block V8 coils, the front of the car was in the air!  (do you want to see those pics?)  I since found out one of the rear leafs was broken, so last fall I decided to go with the Hotchkis lowering spring kit front and rear.  I have the rear end done, but the front it totally disassmebled right now (replacing the bushings, ball joints, tie rods, etc...) and sitting up on jack stands.  My goal is to get it back together before spring (darn those wisconsin winters).  So it'll be a while before I can post pics of how it sits with the 225/70R15's.

Offline pat

• Adv. Member
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 07:22:01 AM »
ok
speed kills drive a ford and live forever

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2009, 01:23:06 PM »
For anybody contemplating buying a set of these, be aware that YO has announced a price increase of $50 each on them effectively immediately.  However, the ad in HPP was taken out BEFORE they realized they were going to make that increase, so THROUGH THE END OF FEBRUARY ONLY if you mention the HPP ad they will honor the previous price of $699 mentioned in the ad.  You HAVE to mention the HPP ad to get that price.  After March 1, the price is $749 across the board.

Offline O'Neall

• T-tops? We don't need no stinkin' T-tops!
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2009, 03:07:08 PM »
There are a few other there in th 17" that are raised white letters.... or maybe I will just make my own.  Something like using this: http://www.duplicolor.com/products/hottires.html

That is COOL!!!!!!!  I may have to look into doing something similar.  Wouldn't those in gold look great on an SE? ;D
Jon O'Neall
1977 Y81 Trans Am
W72-400/Auto (1 of 549)
"Trans Am!  What's your pleasure?"

Offline 78MartiniqueTA

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2009, 01:08:24 PM »
That hottire stuff looks awesome...I got my tires in an man do they look wide....I hope they fit.......Hey a little of topic. How bad is the the weather out in WI now?? Cause I was thinking of having my car shipped to me next week instead of April. Bad idea or should it be fine in an enclosed trailer?? All right back to the wheels, Them bumping up the price is not cool. When you buy them order over a grand worth of stuff, put in some promo code you'll get a good price. Mine came out to under 6hun...They are SWEET....

Offline Firebird80

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2009, 10:53:36 PM »
It would be fine in an enclosed trailer.  We have only been getting snow storm about one day a week, and it is usually only a couple inches.  It has been in the 20's here, but that doesn't matter much for hauling the car.  I guess as long as you aren't hauling on a day it snows, you'll be fine.  And if it is snowing, just drive slower.  Just do it now, you can have fun with it sooner then.