Author Topic: chrome booster, MC, and stainless brake lines  (Read 1747 times)

Offline swims350

chrome booster, MC, and stainless brake lines
« on: December 12, 2017, 09:56:47 AM »
Anyone done them? I've got a 79 TA 403 auto, going to rebuild it with mild lopey cam, or maybe a 350 chevy same setup. The car came to me with no booster or MC and most of th elines junk.

So if you used it what size 7 or 8 sinlge or dual?

1 inch or 1-1/8 master? disc front drum rear

Tried the chrome brackets for f body? If so from who and how was the fit? Hood still close etc.

stainless lines, what brand? worth it? problems having to tighten, loosen and repeat to seal? not wanting to make my own lines, looking for some pre bent and flared, if not I'll get pre flares straights of reg. line at chain parts stores.

I assume with the master I need one with 9/16 and 1/2 fitting to use with said line kits?

Also considering a chrome prop. valve.

I'm not looking to do hydro boost, too much, and stock replacements are almost as much if not more then chrome.

Car is not and will not be original, I don't even have the trim tag so no clue on stock options etc.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: chrome booster, MC, and stainless brake lines
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 03:48:42 AM »
you wouldnt fit a 350 chev instead of the 403 if you already have the setup for it, torque rules on the street. I'd expect most chrome brake parts would be cheap n nasty generic items so do you homework as you won't expect them to operate as well or last long with the chrome plating.