Author Topic: body brace  (Read 4297 times)

Offline stwrangler

body brace
« on: January 07, 2007, 04:25:59 PM »
I had a great day in the garage again.I like being excited about my project again,I couldn't seem to get anything done for a long time I was working just not getting anywhere.I had strarted on this brace a few weeks ago,today I made the brackets and got the driver side bolted in.I just wanted to see what you all think about it .I'm going to rap them in vinyl and make rear side panels.

need automotives anonymous but I'm not looking for it.

Offline milly

• Adv. Member
body brace
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 04:31:40 PM »
Is the only cross brace the one running across the top of the package tray?? It looks like there might be room to add another on the floor just in front of the rear lower seat cushions. I assume that you have subframe connectors installed too. I don't remember how much of the build you documented over at TAC.
John
1981 Trans Am
1996 Firebird

Central Illinois Firebirds
Ohio Firebirds

Offline stwrangler

body brace
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 06:15:45 PM »
The bolt in the floor is the outside leaf spring bolt, I am going down through the trunk and go across just over the drive shaft at it's highest point. you can see the subframe connector behind the seat it's orange and come's out of the rear frame and through the floor its a 2 X 3 box tube. here's a pic from the bottom.
need automotives anonymous but I'm not looking for it.

Offline milly

• Adv. Member
body brace
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 06:17:15 PM »
That should do it. Thanks.
John
1981 Trans Am
1996 Firebird

Central Illinois Firebirds
Ohio Firebirds