Author Topic: Restoration Manuals  (Read 4469 times)

Offline TimBarb

Restoration Manuals
« on: November 20, 2019, 07:55:36 PM »
Hello—I am a new member. I had a 1970 firebird when I was in high school ( that was a long time ago!) I always wanted another f-body bird since I sold my first one years ago. I started looking for one a couple years ago and just purchased a 1981 formula that I found in Oregon. I live in a small farming town in IL about 40 miles east of St Louis and the cars in my price range suffered from the Midwest weather and rust. The formula is definitely a west coast car in that it is rust free. It also is heavily optioned; 4 speed, T tops, power brakes and steering, power windows, power door locks, A/C , rear window defrost, am/fm cassette with power antenna and an “audio boost” factory amp ( There is actually an “audio boost” switch to the left of the rear defrost switch—I have never seen this in all of the firebirds I have seen!) .....Anyway, my question is; what is the essential and best restoration and repair/ service manuals available and recommended for these classic cars. Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Restoration Manuals
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 12:11:29 AM »
There are several books that may come in handy but a factory service manual is a good place to start.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline LWS78SE

Re: Restoration Manuals
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 07:01:46 PM »
Factory service manual by far the best. Either paper or CD. I prefer paper. Mine is an excellent reprint of the original.
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law!"