Author Topic: Cold Case radiator install in 78 TA  (Read 2273 times)

Offline TA400FL

Cold Case radiator install in 78 TA
« on: January 13, 2018, 09:16:25 PM »
Well, I have about three hours of trying to get this Cold Case radiator to fit into the fan shroud and then aligned with the radiator support holes.  In and out about ten times so far.  I trimmed the rubber isolators because I thought that was the issue.  Now, the top of the radiator hits the speed nuts in the support for the top fan shroud bolts.   Just another one of those "fits right in with no modifications" parts again I guess!  There is no way this is the same size as OEM.  I mean come on!  Its four pads and six bolts!  Should have taken me 10 minutes!

It appears to me that the Cold Case is too tall to fit far enough into the molded recess of the fan shroud.  See PIC 1 how it needs to go farther in?  About 1/2" to 3/4" gap along the side.  If it doesn't go all the way into the shroud it hits those speed nuts shown in PIC 2.  The top of the radiator is right below the metal support flange (where the shroud bolts up to) so no room at all for any type of screw/bolt.

Anybody out there ever install a Cold Case radiator with an OER fan shroud??

Thanks for the help.

Offline TA400FL

Re: Cold Case radiator install in 78 TA
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 09:28:45 PM »
Needed to add the photo showing that the radiator will not fit all the way into the fan shroud recess.