Author Topic: selling value of my Y88???  (Read 1281 times)

Offline JT_Y88

• Y88
selling value of my Y88???
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »
Hi all, Hope everybody has been doing well.  Spring is finally here in Michigan but instead of being excited about time with my bird I find myself worring about my current job cituation... ???
My company has been laying off slaes reps and I am fearful my posistion may be next.  I never thought that I would be considering selling my Y88(especially after so much work)  With what I have into it, I am fearfull of puttin it on Craiglist or Ebay....I can't just give it away.
So anyways, Heres what I have.  What do you think a fair price would be?
1978 number matching y88.
body was completely redone last year.  NO BONDO! and painted with correct GM code solar gold. New decals from Phoenix.  The year before I had blown a rod and committed to a complete pontiac rebuild of the 400.  30 over cast pistons stock design, reconditioned stock rods, gorund crank .010 rod/.020 mains 6 x heads, crane oem ram air IV cam. 230/240 duration 480 Lift. Block Decked .020 Heads Milled .010
Quadrajet Carb rebuilt.
Headmund long tube headers- thrush x pipe feeding into flowmax 40 series mufflers.
after market wheels. Boss 20 rear, 18 front chrome cruisers
refinished 15in Snowflakes
exhaust mainifolds- in garage along with additional set of standard tinted ttops
solar gold ttops
new carpet
complete braking system install. from hoses and calipers to lines pads, drums master cylinder etc
In a nutshell everything has been restored with the exception of the transmission(knock on would which seems to be solid) and the interior. (minus vinyl paint and new carpet)
I have pics of the whole resto.
hopefully I won't HAVE to let her go, but if i do your feedback is very important.  She had 70k miles on her when I blew a rod. Since the body and engine restoration she's got 800 miles on her.
much thanks :'(
jon t
"a wise man once said...Drive A TRANS AM"

Offline JT_Y88

• Y88
Re: selling value of my Y88???
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 12:07:08 PM »
I can't seem to be able to attach any pics ??? file to large ???

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 12:10:01 PM »
Hint: Upload them to Photobucket and then use the IMG line to insert into your post ;D

Here's hoping you don't have to sell it off as the market is too soft right now to recoup any major outlays into a vehicle.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline JT_Y88

• Y88

Offline gilbertsta

• "Live Like You Are Dying"
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 05:30:44 PM »
Very Nice car!!! I watch a lot of ebay.... on ebay I think you are looking around $17,000..... Also check the TA's on the barrett jackson...around the same price. 

Offline snap_point

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 07:22:14 AM »
Nice Y88 Jon, after all your hard work I'm hoping you don't have to give up the Beutie!

I'd be aiming for no less than 25k from the guide on the others out there.

You have to remember this is a numbers matching SE TA.

All the best.
Andrew

**1978 Y88 Trans Am WS6**
**1966 GTO Tri Power 4 Speed**