Author Topic: Van Halen tickets for 2012 tour  (Read 17841 times)

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Van Halen tickets for 2012 tour
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 02:42:51 PM »
Remember me when you do!!!  haha

Offline rpguitarrepair

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 03:31:19 PM »

[/quote]

This is rare footage of Roth when VH scored its first #1 album with Sammy... The guy on the left is Billy Sheehan, who went on to be Roth's bass player on his solo album debut.

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 04:07:42 PM »
Heres Sammy pissed off in his car driving 55 mph and hearing Diamond Dave singing another awesome Van Halen song,

THE BEST!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:13:57 PM by Burd Turd »
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 06:10:47 PM »
Sammy drove Trans Ams.     Even on the stage.   He even wrote songs about them.  You don't like guys that drive T/A's?   ;D   Roth and Eddie were too busy trying to upstage each other onstage at the last.  Caused a lot of bad blood between them for a long time (even after their reunions if you listen to their interviews).  Eddie didn't want Sammy doing his solo songs at VH concerts.

I'm  trying to push your buttons, Roger!!!   >:D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:13:45 PM by kentuckyyeti »

Offline rpguitarrepair

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2011, 06:56:38 PM »
http://www.deathpoolguru.com/van_halen.jpg&q=eddie van+halen+crackhead">
eddie van+halen+crackhead pics on Sodahead[/url]

I don't know that this guy could spell T/A...  :o

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2011, 11:55:14 PM »
Mr. Yetti you have to do more than that to get me PO'd at you! 

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2011, 09:42:59 AM »
I had to remove, as I read on, I would have had Hitman or one of his henchmen on me like a cheap suit, go to roth army forum, and look at the wich do you hate more, hagar or van hagar.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 09:55:08 AM by Burd Turd »

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2011, 11:01:23 AM »
Little vague there Rog. Link would be nice eh?
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2011, 11:06:15 AM »

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2011, 11:35:59 AM »
You might think that Sammy ruined VH's music.  Here is an excerpt from DLR's autobiography:

On April 1, 1985, Roth and Van Halen parted ways. In his 1998 autobiography, Crazy From The Heat, Roth characterized Van Halen's music just before his 1985 departure as "morose".

Of course, DLR is also known for this statement:

On May 25, 2006 in an interview with Billboard magazine, Roth predicted a classic Van Halen reunion. "There's contact between the two camps..." says Roth, and "To me, it's not rocket surgery. It's very simple to put together."

Rocket surgery?  DLR probably drives a tour bus. 

Still, the best times and the rocking music came from DLR as the frontman, even though Sammy gave them a Number 1.  And who can forget when Roth went solo with this remake?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao3beWwtEdI&feature=fvst

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2011, 11:52:49 AM »
Yetti, lets keep it clean, half naked girls, come on.

Offline 2ndchildhood

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2011, 11:53:37 AM »
That's a awful half naked girl.  Don't like girls that can beat me up
You can never have too many cars

78 Formula
02 CETA

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2011, 01:43:33 PM »
Plain Jane & Bad Reputation -- Sammy solo

Yankee Rose -- Dave solo
-check out DOWN-NOLA.com

Offline shakerz

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2012, 05:14:53 AM »
RPGuitarRepair, your musical analysis and comparison of Roth to Hagar was very insightful. You didn't mention how they compared from a non-musical standpoint however. DLR may be the the greatest frontman ever. I know as well as everyone posting on this thread, in a big way, audiences went to see VH to see wth Roth was gonna say and do onstage.  Nobody has ever come close to his stage presence, stunts and antics, and ability to play the crowd with his clever wit. The lion's mane hair and skin tight body suits over the 6'2" athletic frame performing hollywood stunts off of crazy platforms. It was just as much Roth's unequivocal showmanship and notorious unpredictability as it was Eddie's virtuoso licks. Obviously, Hagar couldn't compete with that...what frontman could? Vince Neil, Ozzy, etc? No one, IMO.
So I would set forth that this quality of Roth contributed to the greater record sales of Hagar's VH in that Dave was a better live draw opposed to studio musician. VH sold out stadiums. BTW, Roth wanted to do smaller venues and Eddie wanted to continue stadium tours. Hagar, is clearly the better singer/musician. Loved him when he was with Ronnie Montrose. See below. Also a possible reason for VH's better record sales with Hagar is the fact that VH fans were rabid for the band's comeback.

How can this album not be considered one of the best ever:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tk52nGxF-jc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUeuAnMNDhA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6BTTJo1KmM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loaxDYWPZ54&feature=related

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2012, 07:20:27 AM »
Shakerz --

I agree with a lot of your above post (musically). But to say David Roth "May Be" one of the greatest frontmen......ever?
Then to go on about lion's mane hair, skin tight body suits and an athletic frame --- hollywood stunts. A lot of drunks run their holes fueled on alcohol. Nothing amazing about that. Roth's problem was and always has been -- he didn't appreciate the rest of the band. Just an ego tripper who was too drunk to realize the powerful guitar leading him, was making him famous in the music world.
Then the mention of a comparison to Ozzy.
Ozzy is opposite--- Ozzy appreciate's band members.  Ozzy truly appreciate's fans . Ozzy appreciate's life.
The only logical comparison of Roth/Ozzy would be history of alcohol abuse.
I have been to well over a 100 concerts in my life. which includes both versions of Van Halen , Roth solo, Black Sabbath , Ozzy solo.  There is no comparison between Roth/Ozzy!!!!!!
I have met many various musical artist in person. Some were rude and high on themselves (Roth). But--many were genuinely appreciative of the fans. The ones that appreciate their fans are the best. I am a fan of both versions of Van Halen. They  are totally separate in two different time frames of life. I as  fan of music appreciate each band for what they shared in my life.
Feel free to get your freak on about lion's mane hair and skin tight body suits.
That crap means nothing musically and on many levels it didn't help Roth appreciate the Van Halen band or their fans who bought their albums. If this reported upcoming album is released ---- I personally won't buy it to support a man in tights.
If I do buy it------ it would be because of the fact I simply love music.
Roth is nobody without Van Halen (ego).
Ozzy is a fan of music in Black Sabbath or solo and it shows on and off stage with---------------------------APPRECIATION!!!!
Simple math
-check out DOWN-NOLA.com