Author Topic: 2 Fast 2 Real  (Read 3170 times)

Offline tgfrench

2 Fast 2 Real
« on: January 10, 2009, 11:10:40 AM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1859857199512666245

awesome movie lots of street racing. you can also go to these guys website. 2fast2real.com
78 trans am (project)
98 Exploder - Lifted

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
Re: 2 Fast 2 Real
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »
  Wow those are some cool videos. I've seen some of those cars with the sticker in the windows at the import tuner shows in Carlisle. Wasn't sure if they were posers or wannabes.
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline Helter80

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 05:15:23 PM »
sheesh! its not often that you'll see a muscle car drive through midtown manhattan that often!  nevermind doing burnouts   lol
www.transamplus.com
Rob

79 Trans Am- Nocturne Blue,T-Tops,403,Camel Tan Deluxe Interior

Offline grenggli

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 10:10:31 PM »
I watched the whole thing because I wanted to get a real understanding of the mentality behind this movement.  I don't have a problem with fast cars, pretty women, and racing in certain contexts, but let's get REALLY REAL!  This is more about REBELLION than anything.  I do have a problem with ego-driven, rebellious acts that are illegal because it is unsafe to the public.  Take it to a track.  I understand that New York does not have one according to the movie, so put your money together, buy a piece of land, gets some insurance and have a great time with safety rules!  I just wish I had some of the money those guys waste tearing up and beefing up their cars to put to some real issues.

Greg
1981 Blk & Gold Pontiac TTA with  455 SE clone--sold
1978 Silver Pontiac TA with BB 454 (sold)
1989 Maui blue Pontiac Firebird Formula--sold
1988 Flame Red Pontiac GTA 5.0TPI 5spd T-tops-sold
1993 Burgundy Z28 Camaro LT1 Auto hardtop==sold

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 12:50:52 PM »
Well put Greg......
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Helter80

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 01:01:26 PM »
I watched the whole thing because I wanted to get a real understanding of the mentality behind this movement.  I don't have a problem with fast cars, pretty women, and racing in certain contexts, but let's get REALLY REAL!  This is more about REBELLION than anything.  I do have a problem with ego-driven, rebellious acts that are illegal because it is unsafe to the public.  Take it to a track.  I understand that New York does not have one according to the movie, so put your money together, buy a piece of land, gets some insurance and have a great time with safety rules!  I just wish I had some of the money those guys waste tearing up and beefing up their cars to put to some real issues.

Greg

these guys in the video are rediculous. they totally are a rebellion and lazy to travel to a track. i live not too far from where these guys filmed, so i know exactly how it is here in this part of the state. here is why:
the video was filmed in manhattan, then it switched to long island in suffolk county. now, long island "used" to have 2 drag strips back in the 60's and 70's, my father used to race at both of those tracks. they closed up in the 80's. there is only 1 drag strip in NY, which is upstate near albany, (about 3 hours or longer from manhattan and long island). there is also a drag strip in New Jersey, Englishtown Raceway Park which is only 1/2 hour to 1 hour from where these guys in the video were racing. so these guys do not have an excuse to not have a track. all they have to do is go to Jersey.
www.transamplus.com
Rob

79 Trans Am- Nocturne Blue,T-Tops,403,Camel Tan Deluxe Interior

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 05:04:29 PM »
 Reality though.Us talking about it isnt going to make anything change. It's crazy how many people get hurt by doing that. Just wish there were people willing to do something about it. They ask for the attention and responses everyone gives here..its what keeps them going...Philly is the same way..they close down the streets real fast race then leave to a new spot. They are obviously very talented individuals. Just use their talents the wrong way.
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 10:22:42 PM »
Racing is for the race track and that's it imo . Although the bad news is ,this little hick town I live in does not offer such a thing  . But in the bigger centers there is no excuse .

But I gotta add , I was young and irresponsible once though .Actually just recently lol

Offline pta78

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 04:26:38 AM »
Here in Australia, we have a three day eventcalled Powercruise.  They are taking it to Americia this year.  They hire a race track for the three days and you pay  to go in the events.  They are cruising - draging off your mates going around the track, burnouts - a burnout competition, drifting - drifting for professionals and everyone else, Powsercruising - burnouts up the straight, dyno - dyno competition.  They have Miss Powercruise competition and displays like bike riding and tricks, Jet cars and Big Foot trucks.  This is a great weekend and it keeps it off he streets and in a safe place.  Everyone has a ball and some guys turn up with a truck with all their cars for each event.  It is a great weekend and very enjoyable.
It's all fun and games until the Cops turn up.

Offline 72blackbird

• Adv. Member
  • Old Birds don't die-they get faster, corner harder
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 01:35:57 AM »
I wish I could say I didn't street race when I was younger, but what do you think any 17 year-old with a '78 SE T/A would do if some guido in an IROC-Z insulted his pride and joy? We used to run on the service roads around JFK, and occaisionally the race would also involve a bit of high -speed pursuit for added stupidity. We all should have been arrested and had our vehicles confiscated, but the airport cops would only run us off the airport limits and the local cops were usually on coffee break. I did loose interest in street racing after watching some buddies wrap their cars around telephone poles or loose control, go into a ditch and cartwheel (DOA there).

These kids are only doing the same thing we did when we were young and stupid- it doesn't make it okay but I can understand why they do it. But as for the older adults, they should know better, especially when there are enough legal tracks to race on.

Geno

« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 02:16:41 AM by 72blackbird »

Offline pat

• Adv. Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 08:25:29 PM »
a girl my little sister went to school was just killed a few weeks ago when a kid that was raceing hit her head on at over 100mph on the wrong side of the road. he is 16 or 17 as was she he is facing man slaughter charges and a law suit from the girls parents. street raceing is a bad idea
speed kills drive a ford and live forever