Author Topic: 77 trans am windshield arms and front emblem wanted  (Read 974 times)

Offline Dogma

77 trans am windshield arms and front emblem wanted
« on: April 18, 2014, 10:32:24 AM »
Looking for:
windshield wiper arms

Front emblem

The word pontiac that bolts in front
Grill

Center cap x1 with red bird

Front seats metal (bottom of mine rotted out, springs and mounting brackets ect.

Shipping to 30741 thanks!

Offline Dogma

Re: 77 trans am windshield arms and front emblem wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 10:41:55 AM »
Both fog lights also

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 02:54:27 AM »
Just a tip, be aware that different emblems are fitted to '77 and '78 models, even though they appear the same, the pins are different. '77 (GM #598834) has 3 pins that are plain studs, '78 (GM #549367) has 2 pins and one has a larger support off it so it won't fit in a standard hole. That, and the numbers, should be enough to check what it fits.

Ebay used lists them as the same piece which is an obvious assumption. Otherwise if you get stuck they are about $25 new repro.

Also, if you can get a good used set of wipers then go for it. There are repros now but the splines in the arms are very fine and not as robust as originally. I stripped a brand new one on it's first test, with window cleaner on screen, swapped back to used. It may have been an outside case, but still, the seller who was also the manufacturer didn't want to hear of it or any refund.

Offline Dogma

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 09:30:30 AM »
Wow great advise! Thank you!

Offline Mikep

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 08:38:15 PM »
I think I have 3 center caps in my attic they are original GM and we're never used I also have GM lugs that were never used let me know if your interested .