Author Topic: Can someone post a pic of what color a TAN (CAMEL) headliner should be?!  (Read 7639 times)

Offline HOMER

• Adv. Member
  • Brown Bandit lol
yep, thats what i got also looks worse in person though
She's a Winner

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
Mine's darker but it looks like you got 3 diff colors there,I found the samples that I had to pick from, your going to crack up
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
I think the saddle was 77.  The buckskin was later than 78 and the camel was 78 and 79 and maybe more years.  I think that's about right anyway.  It gets confusing.

Offline Corellian Corvette

So mine is Saddle. Which is not camel. However, PUI lists it as camel, whcih sucks.

Looks like I don't have much of a choice...
--------------
1972 Firebird Formula
1978 Trans Am
1965 Mustang
1965 Olds 442
1967 Galaxie Convertible
1968 Charger
1973 Stingray
1980 Triumph Spitfire

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
I know you shouldn't have to do this to get the right color....but, after gluing it to your headliner board, have you considered spraying it with some SEM camel tan vinyl paint?
Steve F.

Offline Corellian Corvette

I was thinking about that - I'm a fan of SEM paint - but i'm not sure how I feel about painting a headliner, given how much cold/wet/heat cycles it's exposed to. And the level of dissasembly required if I have to fix it later. I think I may just go with the wrong color vs. paint. Love other opinions...
--------------
1972 Firebird Formula
1978 Trans Am
1965 Mustang
1965 Olds 442
1967 Galaxie Convertible
1968 Charger
1973 Stingray
1980 Triumph Spitfire

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
I read about other guys re-coloring their vinyl seats with SEM and claim that it doesn't come off, so I would think a headliner would have no problem since it would hardly ever be even touched.
Steve F.

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
Another reason I didn't get to picky, my dash has never matched, I like a subtle diff, that way your interior doesnt look like its been painted.

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
I replaced my console lid w/a GM part when it was avail.,It came in black, so I had the paint shop where I worked do it in camel, then the console was light, You can go crazy on the interior stuff, so I had the console done, now the dash bugs me, sometimes just shut the door on the garage and it matches better then.

Offline BONES

• Ohio Firebirds
OK, so who would you recommend as a source for color-correct headliner material?  I need to replace the buckskin material in a 76LE.

...john

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
Your going to have to get a sample, Classic said they had a camel pkg. tray, it wasn't.I don't think spraying it with all the holes would look nice, you don't want that dipped look.
How did you like the buckskin In mine above, it was Year One? It used to be $30 a roll.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 02:04:40 PM by Burd Turd »

Offline BONES

• Ohio Firebirds
Thanks Burd - I'll ask YO for a sample...  anyone else?

john

Offline gserdenk

Re: Can someone post a pic of what color a TAN (CAMEL) headliner should be?!
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 01:27:17 PM »
OK know this subject is old but I've got the interior out of my car now and figure I might as well do the headliner. Current one is Cloth with foam backing and it looks to on original board. Not bad shape but while its out, might as well redo it.

Car is Camel with Delx Cloth Lombardy Interior and Fisher tops.

So my question is what is the correct headliner, Cloth or vinyl. preforated or not?
George

1978 TA-Solargold T-top 400/4spd
1972 Corvette Cov 454BB

Offline Grand73Am

• Adv. Member
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 05:19:20 PM »
79's have perforated vinyl. 78's must be the same, since Burd put up samples in the photo above and his is a 78.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:20:51 PM by Grand73Am »
Steve F.

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 09:44:36 PM »
My orig was vinyl. There is a sample to the left of the saddle wich is the orig perf.