Author Topic: Another snowflake rim color question??  (Read 8273 times)

Offline SoonerTA

• Adv. Member
Another snowflake rim color question??
« on: April 22, 2009, 08:40:31 PM »
I just started cleaning up my rims and it looks to me that there is NO paint on the rims.  Is the argent grey color so close to the aluminum color that I may not be able to tell??  Were some rims not painted? 

On another note...I started to clean up the back on one of my rims and WOW, I was just testing out my polishing skills before I started on the front and it looks amazing.  I can't wait to do the fronts. 

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
Re: Another snowflake rim color question??
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 09:17:25 PM »
Yes, some rims were not painted and left bare aluminum.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline SoonerTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 09:38:04 PM »
Thanks Hitman for the help.  I guess that takes a huge step out of this process...

I guess another question would be...Would it look better if I painted my wheels?

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 10:21:13 PM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  White car, nice Argent Silver wheels would look nice .... or perhaps a matching blue inset (for the bird color) might look nice ...

John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline SoonerTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2009, 06:22:51 PM »
I like the idea of them being painted.  Makes the wheel look finished. 

Does anyone have a close up picture of the Argent grey on there wheels. 

Also...blue would look pretty cool.  Thanks for the pic jphillips333

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2009, 09:07:01 PM »
Here is one:

Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline SoonerTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2009, 10:01:18 PM »
Thanks Hitman

That wheel just looks more finished than mine without the paint. 

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 01:06:01 PM »
I like the idea of them being painted.  Makes the wheel look finished. 

Does anyone have a close up picture of the Argent grey on there wheels. 

Also...blue would look pretty cool.  Thanks for the pic jphillips333

I'd send them to Hitman and get them polished to a high gloss for that chrome look ,inside the snowflakes and all .
Brett loves polishing I hear

Offline Eagle 1

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 01:13:33 PM »
Hey SoonerTA, I live a little over an hour north of Austin in Goldthwaite, which is 36 miles north of Lampasas.
We are having a car show in our park on May 9 with no entry fee and several awards.
I hope to see you there.   
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."

Offline SoonerTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 09:11:27 PM »
Hey SoonerTA, I live a little over an hour north of Austin in Goldthwaite, which is 36 miles north of Lampasas.
We are having a car show in our park on May 9 with no entry fee and several awards.
I hope to see you there.  

I would really like to show my car but I have the whole rear suspension of the car ripped apart.  I do not know if I will be able to get it back together in time.  I could...but I don't know if I will have the time. 

BUT I would really like to attend the show.  Where exactly is it and when does it start?  Also, keep me posted on any other shows or anything going on.  I want to get involved.   Thanks for the invite!

Offline SoonerTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 09:14:43 PM »
Back on the topic real quick...I was thinking about painting the inside of the wheels black.  I have seen a couple that way and it puts a real depth to the wheel.  What do you guys think??  On my white car?   

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 09:20:33 PM »
Back on the topic real quick...I was thinking about painting the inside of the wheels black.  I have seen a couple that way and it puts a real depth to the wheel.  What do you guys think??  On my white car?  

I like that look. That's my plan as well assuming my car will still be salvageable after everything going on.
Larry

Offline SoonerTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 09:30:49 PM »

I like that look. That's my plan as well assuming my car will still be salvageable after everything going on.

Whats going on, if you don't mind me asking? 

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 10:12:27 PM »
I'm not Larry, but he's dealing with a major flood up where he lives.  He got caught in the unfortunate combination of a big snow melt perfectly timed with a large amount of rain.  The end result has been a 100 year flood (only happens on average every 100 years), and most of his town is underwater.  Municipal water and sewer systems are out of order, and his shop (unluckily located close to the river) is in large part underwater.  All in all an unfortunate and very messy situation.  Larry now has a completely different opinion of a river-front view... :-\

Offline Eagle 1

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 10:52:11 PM »
I hope to see you there.  

I would really like to show my car but I have the whole rear suspension of the car ripped apart.  I do not know if I will be able to get it back together in time.  I could...but I don't know if I will have the time. 

BUT I would really like to attend the show.  Where exactly is it and when does it start?  Also, keep me posted on any other shows or anything going on.  I want to get involved.   Thanks for the invite!

Take 183 north from Austin to Lampasas, then stay on 183 north to Goldthwaite.
You will pass the show in the park as you come in to Goldthwaite on 183.
The show begins at 8:00 am and should last until approximately 4:00.
There is also a show in Copperas Cove this weekend at their park.   I dont remember the name of the park, but its on the northwest side of town.
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."