Author Topic: Master Cylinder?  (Read 4154 times)

Offline Eagle 1

Master Cylinder?
« on: May 11, 2006, 10:13:56 AM »
I am detailing my engine compartment and have a question about the master cylinder.  I just replaced mine, as it was bad.  I noticed that the new one was already starting to rust on the outside.  Does anybody know of something I can do to help keep the rust away?  I was thinking about clear coating it?
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Re: Master Cylinder?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 10:24:18 AM »
I have the same problem.  Just replaced mine.  It needs to be painted.  I'm going to buy some rust o leum silver paint and apply it.

Offline Eagle 1

Master Cylinder?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 09:37:11 PM »
I decided to paint the master cylinder black and the booster and lid a metalic gold.
ta78w72, tell me what you think?

ta78w72, I also have another question.  These spark plug holder brackets were attatched to my valve covers, but werent attatched to my plug wires.
My engine is a a W-72, my question is; are these factory?

Thanks.
" He done good didnt he Fred?"
"I'm in pursuit of a black Trans Am. He's all mine so stay outta the way."

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Master Cylinder?
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:04:44 PM »
Eagle 1
I think the master cyclinder looks great.  In fact, most of the ones I've seen are painted black.  I like the gold lid.  

On the wire brackets, yes, those look like mine.  But I'll have to look at my valve covers and check them off.  I don't recall have that many.

Don't quote me on this...but I think the bracket on the top left goes on the inside passenger....(on the carb side) closest to the firewall.  The little stem will face the fender.

The one below it would go on the drivers side toward the fender on the screw closest to the firewall.  The stem faces the carb

The top right would go on the drivers side, firewall, carb side.  The stem..I'm not sure cause mines missing.

Whew!

At least that's what makes sense to me.  And, I'm not sure where the other ones go.

However, all of us W72 people need to stick together!  Contract my friend Black78TA.  He has an original W72 that has been in his family since it was new.  He could verify what I've written here.

Good luck!