Author Topic: 78ta.com and the Forum  (Read 55086 times)

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
Re: 78ta.com and the Forum
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2012, 03:33:45 PM »
Well Said Martin!

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2012, 03:47:13 PM »
It's a great site with a lot of info. It needs to be taken for what it is. It's not reinventing the firebird or claiming fame or to be the greatest. I have been on here for a while now. I can definitely agree it is the ppl that make it what it is. Over the past 5-6 years I have seen this sites "attitude" change with newer members coming on board. Seems to be a pretty hostile place more often then not. I do not know why. I think a lot of pride gets pushed around. Almost like some people feel they invented the f-body and always telling someone they are wrong. I use it to meet fellow TA/f-body enthusiasts who just like to talk cars and BS. I didn't know an ounce of Pontiac or TA knowledge (still don't claim to know a whole lot) but after being on here and getting schooled and meeting a few members in person I feel like this site is a home of sorts. I will continue to use it for what the purpose was intended for. I'm on a ton of GTO,F-body,Blazer,Mitsubishi,Honda, hobbyist forums and I have NEVER seen anyone get mad because someone else had another forum and might have the same members on each. I do not care who was here first or last. Just looking for a place to put my feet up,open a beer and chat and learn about these cars.

I think Brett has made some great frame work to this house and I thank all the others who have helped out in the rest of building this to make it a good place to be.

Tin Indian may be a big guy but he has gentle hands and will make a great Mid Wife for anyone interested.  Just saying. 
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2012, 04:29:24 PM »
I Like them Petite with some muscle!  Sorry Tin I am going to have to keep looking?! :P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 04:31:24 PM by oldskoolubr »

Offline 4saken

• I love Trans-Ams
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2012, 03:24:27 AM »
Great site Brett. Because of this site I was able to get my dream car running through the help of people on this site and also just started making friends.  ;D I couldnt ask for more. I will be a loyal member for years to come.

4Saken

Offline taman76

• Life Abundant Ministries
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2012, 06:50:18 AM »
Bret, I can say nothing but good about you and this site.

Thanks so much for all you have done and continue to do.

Dan

My Cars:
76 Trans Am
2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
2001 Honda Civic (The wife's)

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 11:49:27 AM »
I agree with those above, the site is a great place and since 2008 I have learned alot.  This site has seen me through the TATA and now the 81.  I like that I can post a question and get the help I need to keep me from doing anything stupid, or having to undo it and do it twice. 
Dave
_______
1981 Trans Am - Refresh in progress

Offline grenggli

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2012, 12:29:57 PM »
I have been on Hitman's site for at least 6-7 years and I have nothing but good to say about Brett's high quality site and information about 2nd gen TA's.  It helped me tremendously in my 1st restore.  I later joined the forum and as with society, I think the mentioned observations are simply a reflection of people's choices on how they let themselves interact with others especially those on a forum where they don't have to get to know well or face them face to face.  This is a dilemma not just on forums but everywhere. 

For me, I refuse to allow myself to foster the lack of self control to not stop and always think about what I write or say remembering that I am talking to another human being and should show respect as I wish to have respect shown to me.  It is always easier to do this when two people are face to face on a daily basis interacting and developing a relationship based upon mutual respect.  Seems that people are less likely to give "the benefit of the doubt" to others especially when distance is there.  I hope that all would seriously think about their responses to any other human being before deciding to respond in order to choose the most respectful way to make whatever point they believe is needed.  We can only hope to do this consistently while on this forum.  Brett, you have always been this way based upon my observations and you are not responible for those who aren't.

Greg
1981 Blk & Gold Pontiac TTA with  455 SE clone--sold
1978 Silver Pontiac TA with BB 454 (sold)
1989 Maui blue Pontiac Firebird Formula--sold
1988 Flame Red Pontiac GTA 5.0TPI 5spd T-tops-sold
1993 Burgundy Z28 Camaro LT1 Auto hardtop==sold

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2012, 01:23:38 PM »
^ :D

Offline gasman2b93

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2012, 12:47:56 AM »
I am a newer member to this site and want to thank you for setting everything up.  I used it a lot at first and took notes from questions answered by others.  Your site has been a huge help for me in continuing my restoration.  Through your site, I discovered fBodywarehouse and their awesome "how to" videos.  Thanks again and keep up the great work.

Beau

Offline LWS78SE

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2013, 02:02:31 PM »
This is Home.....
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law!"

Offline Fbodywarehouse

• Fbodywarehouse
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »
I hang at the big 3 sites and this is one of them for sure!
www.Fbodywarehouse.com
(423) 949 6820

New & Used Replacement Parts
9am - 5pm EST Monday - Friday

Offline still443

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2016, 03:33:53 PM »
Brett, I will forever be in your debt for putting me in touch with Joe and being able to buy back my 78 Formula that I had sold almost 20 years earlier. I could not have asked for a better custodian of the Firebird than Joe.
Thanks,
Jay

Time Spent In A Corvette Or A Firebird Is Not Deducted From Your Time On Earth.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2016, 07:05:13 PM »
Glad it made it back into your hands. Maybe we will see you at one of the shows.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline Johnny ace

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2017, 11:17:44 PM »
I just joined today.I am learning as much as I can before I get a TA.I simply would not have joined if I felt that your web site was not worth it.Thank you for all that you have done.

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2018, 03:17:27 AM »
When did this forum become so dead? It was only a few years back I'd read and respond to 20 new posts on here and then do the same at TAC and one or two others.  Now you're lucky to get a new post each week. Is everyone just chatting on fbook now or just elsewhere?