Author Topic: What do you do for a living?  (Read 44631 times)

Offline UJSLOST

What do you do for a living?
« on: July 09, 2009, 08:35:09 AM »
Currently I work for charter communications cable company. ( I dont wanta hear how bad you hate them, LOL)
I am a Broadband Techinician II aka BBT2. Which basically means I either install services or trouble shoot services and put up with some of the dumbest customers in the world. I really enjoy my job its laid back and Im in differant areas all the time so no day is like another its always changing. I get to meet some really cool ppl and then I get to meet some really odd ppl that I wish I never had met before!

Before charter I was a Ford technician at Gilbert and Baker Ford here in Albertville. That was one job I really wanted since I enjoy working on cars and it turned out to be one of the worst jobs ever. Dealerships are crooked and poor management was the reason I left. That and the fact that taking a hobby working on cars and turning it into a career, just made me hate it as a hobby. So I got out of mechanic work and went back to the hobby thing which is ALOT better for me!
1979 Trans Am 301/350 w/ 2.73 posi  Silver on Red
1997 Mustang Gt Convertible Triple Black w/ 4.10s

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: What do you do for a living?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 10:22:04 AM »
I am personally in the USAF, which has its ups and downs, right now good up is that we are less affected by the economy, a down is that we are deployed, dealing with other bs and some of us with prior skills could be making much much more than what im getting paid...not to mention some of the dumb rules...but so far its been fun, met alot of new friends, traveled all over the place, and done some things people could only dream about doing.... so thank you great taxpayers as i enjoy the money you are donating towards my paycheck.....
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline 4speed76

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 10:23:23 AM »
I am a professional automobile assembler.  LOL I work for Honda Of Canada Manufacturing.
1976 T/A project
2009 Honda CRV
2001 Honda Civic

Offline oboogie80

• Jeff
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 10:45:28 AM »
I work for Welch Foods. That's right,the jelly and juice makers. Been there 24 1/2 yrs.
say hello to my little friend
!978 Y88  W72   WS6

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 11:33:50 AM »
I'm an IT Analyst for a manufacturing company. Good company and good people.

Before that, I was an IT Network Analyst with a major health care provider. Boss was an......well you get the picture.

And before that I did phone support for 2 different ISP's. Talk about some intellectually challenged individuals. I will never, ever forget the guy with the southern drawl who called in and said "I'm having trouble getting my Yoohoo on my WebTV". (Use your best Gomer Pyle impersonation to get the full effect). I was in stitches for a good long time.

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline 77tafrommo

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 11:45:43 AM »
I am a professional automobile assembler.  LOL I work for Honda Of Canada Manufacturing.

1Fast78,     I am a production manager for a company that produces the Grilles and some emblems for the MDX as well as many other platforms for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Nissan and Toyota. Not the best time to be in automotive, but it will eventually rebound.
1977 TA Brentwood Brown

Offline dblhh

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2009, 11:47:09 AM »
I'm a small-town community newspaper editor.

Here is a link to a previous post on this topic:
http://www.78ta.com/smf/index.php?topic=4105.0
Herrel

77 T/A, W72, auto, black
77 T/A, Y82, W72, auto, project
79 T/A, auto, project
78 T/A, T-tops, WS6, 400, auto, Marty; SOLD
78 T/A, hardtop, 400, auto, Marty; SOLD

Offline 4speed76

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2009, 12:19:24 PM »

[/quote]

1Fast78,     I am a production manager for a company that produces the Grilles and some emblems for the MDX as well as many other platforms for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Nissan and Toyota. Not the best time to be in automotive, but it will eventually rebound.
[/quote]

Thats cool. I know being in the automotive buisness is terrible, I hope it does rebound as we are feeling the effect too.
1976 T/A project
2009 Honda CRV
2001 Honda Civic

Offline UJSLOST

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2009, 12:55:42 PM »
I am a professional automobile assembler.  LOL I work for Honda Of Canada Manufacturing.

My wife works for TS TECH. You might have heard of them. They make seats for Honda. She makes the Odessey and the Pilot seats and starting the accord seats next spring I believe.
1979 Trans Am 301/350 w/ 2.73 posi  Silver on Red
1997 Mustang Gt Convertible Triple Black w/ 4.10s

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 12:59:16 PM »
I'm still working for the plastic bottle manufacturing plant. I've made it past all the little tests and am not a process mechanic. I keep the machines running and do the set ups when they change from one bottle to another.

I am a professional automobile assembler.  LOL I work for Honda Of Canada Manufacturing.

1Fast78,     I am a production manager for a company that produces the Grilles and some emblems for the MDX as well as many other platforms for GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Nissan and Toyota. Not the best time to be in automotive, but it will eventually rebound.

Our newest mechanic just came from a similar plant near Chicago. From the sounds of it they're not doing so well. Hope you're doing better in MS.
Larry

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 01:17:19 PM »
I do as little as possible without getting in trouble.  Somehow people are always coming and dragging me into things that I end up making money from, but it's getting to the point that I'd really rather not be bothered.

Offline ronnie

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2009, 01:50:38 PM »
currently im a millwright apprentice. before this i apprenticed as a machine tool builder (a more precise millwright with smaller tools) and got my ticket but chose to leave the company because of the direction they were heading, down! great move because since the economy went for a crap i have had more free time on my hands than i ever remember!

Offline 4speed76

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2009, 02:32:59 PM »

My wife works for TS TECH. You might have heard of them. They make seats for Honda. She makes the Odessey and the Pilot seats and starting the accord seats next spring I believe.

Oh yeah I've heard of them, seen a few people in the plant as well doing quality checks.
1976 T/A project
2009 Honda CRV
2001 Honda Civic

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2009, 08:00:22 PM »
I am a Lotto winner ,I just pump iron ,sky dive  and drink beer .Just kidding lol ,I wish .

I am the Cable Guy . A maintenance technician for Shaw Cable in Western Canada . Probably the best area to work in out of 10,000 employies .
This is the view from  our main head end on top of Mt. Baker during winter

heres me wishing I went to school

heres me being to lazy to put spurs on when the boom wouldn't reach. Don't try this at home lol

This is my Bucket truck parked at the Canal Flats repeater site over looking Columbia Lake

This is a pic from the top of another  repeater site called Crowsnest Ridge on the Alberta side.Occasionally we have to chopper in  

« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:04:39 PM by RainMan »

Offline RRR76TA

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2009, 08:15:33 PM »
I'm a county worker  ,for one job . And a mechanic , driver ,loader , jack of all trades for another . Got to keep 35 dump trucks on the road  for second one , what fun