Author Topic: Gas Lines  (Read 1591 times)

Offline warbirdta79

Gas Lines
« on: March 31, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »
Im going to be running new gas lines, complete with new tank and every little dodad needed for a complete resto. I was wondering though if anyone could tell me the correct way to run them for I am no mechanic and have not the slightest idea. maybe a diagram or something would help
I took the restrictor plate off to give it a little more power. Lets keep that on the down low, its kinda illegal.

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Gas Lines
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 04:33:03 PM »
I would suggest picking up a GM factory service manual if you don't already have one.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 08:38:50 PM »
Jeff.... I am ashamed at you.... you didn;t even post a link for him for the manuals on CD.....

http://www.78ta.com/sale/cdsale.htm
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline warbirdta79

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 08:43:24 PM »
Thank you for the link, i just purchased a Haynes Manual, because for some reason I have kept putting it off and off because money has been tight( higher education, and all I got was this beautiful Trans Am). But thanks for the links to the service manual, i may buy one but money is going to be tight because im buying my 403 Saturday and of coarse am going to be putting everything into getting that done. Thanks for the help, this site has helped me beyond beleif.
I took the restrictor plate off to give it a little more power. Lets keep that on the down low, its kinda illegal.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 09:00:10 PM »
Does this help?

[attachment deleted by admin, more than 60 days old]
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline warbirdta79

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 09:29:21 PM »
it does help, but i haave a ? there arnt any gas lines supposed to be running down the left side are there? at lease according to that picture there is not. But the gas linbes i pulled out were for a 455 would that make a difference?

Offline warbirdta79

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 09:34:36 PM »
i mean i pulled out lines on the driver side, and the passenger side, im no mechanic but am learning and love to learn so i will get this after i do it, i just have to do it. So this help is going a very long way wiht me. Im just confused on pulling out two sets of lines i guess. I think maybe the previous owner didnt pull out the old lines or something. sorry for all the misspellings im trying to do so much at one time.

Offline Doug

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 10:53:47 PM »
i mean i pulled out lines on the driver side, and the passenger side, im no mechanic but am learning and love to learn so i will get this after i do it, i just have to do it. So this help is going a very long way wiht me. Im just confused on pulling out two sets of lines i guess. I think maybe the previous owner didnt pull out the old lines or something. sorry for all the misspellings im trying to do so much at one time.

A 455 would have the fuel lines on the drivers side.  I know the return line runs up the left side and crosses underneath the engine on the frame.  I am moving mine because I went to an electric fuel pump and the regulator fit better on the passenger fender because the fuel inlet on the Carter carb is on that side.

Offline warbirdta79

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 10:11:44 AM »
ok, that would explain why i took off lines on both sides. Thanks a lot for the help.

Offline 1FSTLS1

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 02:12:35 PM »
I ran braided AN line and was real simple I could run it any place I wanted.  Mine follows the frame rail on the passenger side.  I am also using electric fuel pump
1999 Silver Z28