Author Topic: Stripe package for my '78 Martinique Blue Formula  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Coach Mike

• Bringing this bird back after a long hibernation!
Stripe package for my '78 Martinique Blue Formula
« on: October 25, 2013, 02:46:23 PM »
I ordered this through Brett recently.  Saved a few bucks, but had an issue with the door FORMULA decal color match.  After talking to Chris at Phoenix, we found that the decal was made for a different blue (Glacier Blue), as it appeared more teal compared to my blue.  He made up a new set and they arrived soon after with a now, perfect match.  The only issue I still have is the size for the stripes on the hood scoops is too wide, so we had to have a seam in the middle - not great but I'll have to live with it.  Chris was aware of that from past experience. 

Overall my experience with these guys is that they made it right for me in the end.  I think it would always be good to call and talk to them when you place an order, so there is nothing left to chance.  In my case the guys that installed the stripes, also painted the car, and they aren't going to charge me to redo the door decals, even though it's not their fault on the color.
'78 Formula in Martinique Blue
'95 Coupe in Red
'06 RX8 in Copper Red - only 'cuz they stopped making Firebirds

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: Stripe package for my '78 Martinique Blue Formula
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 04:34:56 AM »
The hood scoop decals wrap around and under, here's some originals:

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 04:41:39 AM by Aus78Formula »