Author Topic: need diagram of fuel lines for late 70s 2nd gen Pontiac 400 (T/A)  (Read 845 times)

Offline GloryDays83

I have an 81 T/A that came with the Chevy 5.0, that was later swapped to a 79 Olds 403.  That swap was done by some Hack that rigged basically everything they touched.

It's an original 4-spd, and I used to have a 77 4-spd, so I decided if I'm going to change it, I'd go w/ a real 400.  I bought and had built a 70 400 & am now in the process of acquiring all the different brackets, wiring, etc. to finish it up to install.

The fuel pump on the 400/PONTIAC is (of course) on the driver's side.  The original Chevy 305 had the pump on the passenger side, thus all the fuel lines come up the passenger side of the frame.

I ordered the driver's side fuel and return lines from NPD.

I think I need a DIAGRAM(s) that show the routing of the lines from the tank to the pump.  One would think that they would fit right on, but on the opposite side of the frame from the originals, but I want to be certain.  I hear too many different versions about the Chevy & Pontiac powered firebirds, and I want to be sure.  Overall, I consistently hear that the lines are always on the passenger side for Chevy's & Olds 403s (due to the pump side, and on the driver's side with the Pontiacs... IS THIS TRUE...?

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A 'BUILD/ASSEMBLY' MANUAL THAT WOULD KINDLY GET ME A PICTURE OF THE FUEL LINES ROUTING FOR A 75 & UP 400 T.A.  !!!!!!  HELP :/