Author Topic: 10/04 HRHD Cruise-in  (Read 1426 times)

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
10/04 HRHD Cruise-in
« on: October 04, 2008, 11:00:35 PM »
Today was a gorgeous day for any type of car show or cruise-in, and the Hampton Roads Harley-Davison in Yorktown and a really good showing this evening.

I had the pleasure of meeting a gentleman this evening from Lynchburg VA who recently sold a 78 W72 4-speed Trans Am to Fleming's Ultimate Garage and in turn purchased an 80 TTA pace car.  It made for a really small world because I have a friend who is a mechanic there and calls me everytime a Trans Am comes in, so I had already heard about this car.  Well I called my buddy shortly there after to tell him I had just met the previous owner, and got the run down on everything they had already down or were doing to the T/A and he believes it's already sold.

Any way.....there were two Trans Ams at the cruise in tonight that I had never seen before.  The first one was a 1978 Trans Am, California Car, with an Olds 403 that is Newport News. VA.  I believe this car had been at the Nationals a few years ago.

The second Trans Am was a beautiful low mileage 1987 GTA, owned by an older gentleman in the York County (VA) area.

Here are pics of some of the other cars at the cruise-in.

1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: 10/04 HRHD Cruise-in
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 11:26:45 PM »
Looks like you had a pretty wide gathering of years and cars!  Great pics!  Thanks! :) :)

Offline blue81ta

Re: 10/04 HRHD Cruise-in
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 09:59:27 AM »
Some good looking rides. 8) Nice variety.

Thanks for the pics.
Keith
1981 Trans Am

My safe haven from all of life's bs