Author Topic: Computer room's  (Read 50547 times)

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
Computer room's
« on: February 14, 2009, 11:23:01 AM »
Hi all ,well I guess it's renovation time,so I took a picture of my computer room (which I call comand central lol)  so that I can see before and after pictures when I'm done .

I am going to use this desk as a template , and then build a new better version so that it goes to the back of the wall better . Plus I want to build a second section to the right of it that blends right in and makes it this huge L shape . I would like it all to be black ash ,and intergrate a filing cabinet into it also .

I have to tear the drywall out and actually put some studs in so I can run some new power outlets and clean things up a bit . The house is made of cinder blocks unfortunatly ,so it is next to impossible to get any wiring on the outside wall's ,as theres only one inch of room where they have a 1 by 4 for strapping in order to secure the drywall to something .
I figure if I build a 2 by 4 wall inside the cinderblock outside wall ,that I can kill two birds with one stone . I can run power where I want it ,and insulate things properly also . I am going to loss 1.75 inches inside the room  ,but I can live with it . The crapy part is going to be redoing the ceiling ,as I can't see blending in the stucco.

So  as I'm at it , I was wondering what your computer room look's like ?

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:19:12 PM by RainMan »

Offline RRR76TA

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
Re: Computer room's
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 12:22:23 PM »
Laptop   ,room aways changes  haha

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 01:20:43 PM »
Laptop ,room aways changes  haha

Actually ,I just ordered a  M6400 laptop from Dell   . I need something upstairs in the kitchen to use while the renos take place . I have a comp in the basement ,but it's kind of dismal down there
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 10:10:42 PM by RainMan »

Offline dgtldesigner

• Stevie's Diner - Classic American Eats with a Retro Twist
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 01:58:13 PM »
my command center is non-existent at the moment, packed up cause there's no room and I'm using the laptop.
man.. i wish i had a basement...
Steve

1981 Turbo Trans Am
1983 Trans Am

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 02:30:54 PM »
Mine isn't quite finished yet, but here it is half-way done....

Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 05:04:21 PM »
Wicked looking computer room Brett!
I expected more pictures of sec gen TranAms for some reason?  :D

Is that a monitor above another monitor in the corner?
I like the size of your monitor,is that a 24 ,look's huge!  Now I have to go shopping
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 05:14:56 PM by RainMan »

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 10:30:16 PM »
Wicked looking computer room Brett!
I expected more pictures of sec gen TranAms for some reason?  :D

That is why I said it is not quite finished yet.  I have second gen photos plus I also have alot of neon signs and such.

Is that a monitor above another monitor in the corner?
I like the size of your monitor,is that a 24 ,look's huge!  Now I have to go shopping

The size of the top monitor is a 22" and the bottom monitor is a 28".  The 28" was only like $350 and is also HDTV with HDMI connections.
You can buy it here if you want it: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3326540&CatId=3774
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 12:50:20 AM »
I expected more pictures of sec gen TranAms for some reason? 

That is why I said it is not quite finished yet.  I have second gen photos plus I also have alot of neon signs and such
Ya I kinda figured that when you mentioned you were half finished . Tell the truth , a 22 is plenty for me . Maybe a 24 ,but thats pushing it a little .
28 ,wow now thats BIG!
I have a damaged eye ,and am light sensitive because of it . I only wish I could do a 24 comfortably . I never new anyone actually went as big as 28 . I seem to be better with screens that are self emitting ,like plasma . I am really hoping that they make huge strides in OLED technology . The  cost has gotta go down ,and the size up . I guess they have to make some improvements with the blue leds also ,as there life expectancy is fairly short

Offline Joker (§ir£Ðragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 11:05:05 AM »
I need an office. Right now both our desks and computers are in the dining room.

Aimee's is used by most of the family. It's the "main" computer as it's the one that is plugged straight into the router along with the LAN cable for the XBox360 and our Vonage line.

Mine is in the far corner. My desk has become a "catch all". This is the entirity of "my space" at home. ::)

I'd love to be able to have a small room for it. And to be able to hook a larger TV up to it for the video stuff I like to do. If it was up to me I'd hook it to our 32". ;)

Larry

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 11:11:50 AM »
Wow thats a little to busy looking for me lol   :o

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 11:26:20 AM »
Yeah, I know. Like I said, if anyone has anything that they don't know what to do with it ends up here.  :-\

But I can almost always find what I need on it. ;)

I just need more room to put stuff so I can find the desk. ::)

I'd go to the basement, but it's unfinished and mostly dirt floor.
Larry

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 01:03:01 PM »
Known as "THE COVE" . Its rather simple but affective. The cair is getting a littl tathered from all the use... but a swivel rocker as a cockpit chair is really sutable.The Large black cabinet is the Media Locker... Movies ( VHS to DVD nearly 500  and lost count on the Music Cds). The desk itself has intergrated into it communication ports. USB, Phone, Flash Card Reader and built in surge protector. Really been thinking about upgrading the desk setup to a corner unit and ditch the monitors for flatscreens.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:14:43 PM by rarebird »
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 01:14:31 PM »
Nice. That's all the space I'd need.

I have that same 4 gen pic upstairs.
But I don't think I'd be doing 2 keyboards. I'd like to get multiple PCs, but with a switched keyboard and trackball for them. Just me.
Larry

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »
the reason dual keyboards and mice is for doing dvd backups... Isolates any chance of aborting the process by operator error ( forgetting to switch to one PC to the other)
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 01:26:39 PM »
That dual keyboard setup looks intersting Virgil  ,I have to get a system in the future where I can put my laptop close to my monitor for photoshop tutorials . It's great having two computers for that application . Or maybe get a docking station for the laptop and upgrade my main monitor someday to a 23 or 24 .

I really like the recent transition to 9/16 instead of the 10/16 ratio that wide screens have had in the past .
I think a corner desk would work great for you imho . I love corner desks ,you can sit further away from your monitor if you choose . I feel claustrophobia with normal desks
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:29:48 PM by RainMan »