Author Topic: a/c unit  (Read 553 times)

Offline rad400

• Adv. Member
a/c unit
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:21:08 AM »
O.k. I have talked about adding heat with ac delete box, but if I want to add a/c and heat what to I need? I know I am missing duct work. I have evap box that goes to the firewall, I have a compressor That I got for free not sure if it works. I think there a couple of silver I will call them diaphams aroun the left side kick panel. What else do I need? to make a/c heat to work? Was a orignal ac car. Will this be a pain with headers.
Conrad
79 Trans am 400 t400 3500 stall #12 heads holley 750 vac carb. Torker II intake 3:73:1 gears 12 bolt rear.

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
Re: a/c unit
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 12:41:38 PM »
nah... sounds like you have the internal part.... then there is a vacuum diaphragm on the passenger kick panel behind the half round piece....  from there you just make sure all your internal parts are good by going through the door functions with the fan on.... under the hood you will need the condenser that goes in front of the radiator.. and the a/c lines, which is a mixture of hard and rubber lines... all under high pressure. aside from the rubber lines you have all the expensive stuff it sounds like....
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....