Author Topic: 1978 ford LTD II 2 door for sale  (Read 15864 times)

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
Re: 1978 ford LTD II 2 door for sale
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 06:37:20 AM »
Sell the Challenger and buy something chepaer, use the rest to buy a project.
Dave
_______
1981 Trans Am - Refresh in progress

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 08:19:06 AM »
probably has an electric choke

Prob has the correct factory choke set up.
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 06:46:55 PM »
i cant sell the challenger man. and if i did what could i get for it? what i owe? that car is something i wanted since the fall of 07 when they first came out with the limited run. my dad got stuck in a rut man. had to help him out. I dont mind. so i do have a large change jar i had been saving up just about full that should bring me atleast $100 towards one lol
I do have a set of 8in 78-79 snowflakes in nice shape if anyone wanted to trade even up for a project car and i'll even toss in my jar O' change lol
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline joe d

• Adv. Member
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 06:45:10 AM »
dont sell anything. WORK HARDER you will bounce back
1979 ws6 trans am (current project)
2005 mercedes s55
2001 dodge durango
1980 SE trans am (new current project)
1971 Monte Carlo
the 5 p's "perfect planning prevents poor performance"

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 06:47:27 AM »
thats the plan joe thats the plan.

Offline joe d

• Adv. Member
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 06:51:11 AM »
good plan, have been out of wrenching for about 20 years and have had hard times but have never sold a single tool btw garage sales are great
2005 mercedes s55
2001 dodge durango
1971 Monte Carlo

Offline N PRGRES

• Adv. Member
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 07:06:02 AM »
Well it all depends on what ya want I suppose.  I commend you for helping out your dad, that says alot about you as a person.  I had a 09 G8 6.0 and loved it but sold it because thats not what I wanted to do and it freed up a lot of cash for other things that were important, I suppose you could say I took a loss but long term it was a gain. I realized it was stupid to pay car payments on a car that only came out in nice weather. It's all about priorites. 

I just sold my TATA because I knew financially it was not a feasable project and I needed to use that money for other more important things.  My financial situation changed and so I needed to re evaluate.  I lucked out and found a good solid 81.  This may sound harsh but I guess my point is don't complain about no TA project when you have a nice new and expensive 2011 Challenger in the garage.  Its obvious the Challenger is a higher priority, and thats cool, they are hot cars, by far my fav retro looking car.
Dave
_______
1981 Trans Am - Refresh in progress

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 04:23:56 PM »
im not complaining by anymeans atleast i have something to drive thats for sure. i know one day i'll have another ta just only time will tell when that will be you know. if "S" hit the fan then yes the challenger, my camper, my truck -maybe, my wifes car her seadoo's would all go. i say maybe to the truck as thats paid off and dont owe me a dime. but thats my camper, wood, drywall, and potentially parts and project car hauler so thats a means of importance the rest all have payments. funny though just 2 years ago the only payment i had was on the camper now it seams as if everything has a payment but keeping in mind i sold a ton of stuff to pay for a business so i cant complain though it did suck no longer having liquid assets and 5 t/a's LOL

Offline joe d

• Adv. Member
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 06:51:00 PM »
im not complaining by anymeans atleast i have something to drive thats for sure. i know one day i'll have another ta just only time will tell when that will be you know. if "S" hit the fan then yes the challenger, my camper, my truck -maybe, my wifes car her seadoo's would all go. i say maybe to the truck as thats paid off and dont owe me a dime. but thats my camper, wood, drywall, and potentially parts and project car hauler so thats a means of importance the rest all have payments. funny though just 2 years ago the only payment i had was on the camper now it seams as if everything has a payment but keeping in mind i sold a ton of stuff to pay for a business so i cant complain though it did suck no longer having liquid assets and 5 t/a's LOL
no worries Rick, its the american way i am sure most have been in a position where somethings were important and some were "i wish i had the $$ to have" i have had a 7 series beamer for 20 years and one year the wife was in France, i got into a jam and sold my 740 and put the $$ in the bank, bought her a sebring convertible and that was that, i had to do what i had to do, i have never had car payments so the 7 serie money was much better off in the bank and had a $5k sebring  (1 third cost of beamer) so life goes on, wife was pissed for a week but loved the Florida sunshine with convertible i bounced back and picked up a s55 benz and she is happy again. DONT WORRY BE HAPPY
2005 mercedes s55
2001 dodge durango
1971 Monte Carlo

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 09:31:18 PM »
i miss the no car payment days. but for what its worth the one payment i have gives me big time self satisfaction kind of makes me feel like yeah i made it. but if i had the money to buy it in cash, it would have been a 70-73 t/a hands down lol. for now i'll live it up. I did try that finance the old car you want place but they were so specific it was unreal. they would not say you are approved up to this much so go shopping. it was more like we need to know what it is all the details and the appraisale of it and then we will let you know what we think from there.