Author Topic: Chalk/Crayon Marks and Assembly Line Detail Tag Kits  (Read 1705 times)

Offline sanctuarycabin

Chalk/Crayon Marks and Assembly Line Detail Tag Kits
« on: July 07, 2016, 01:48:22 PM »
I want to show my car this year at the Trans Am Nationals.  Does anyone know if you get extra credit for having the Assembly Line Decals and correct Markings on the car?  or engine decals?  If so - is there anyone whom has a list or photos of all locations for a 1976 Trans Am and what the markings and decals actually stated?  I see there is some companies that sell this material but it does not come with any locations whereas these go...

Offline ta9590

Re: Chalk/Crayon Marks and Assembly Line Detail Tag Kits
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 03:40:36 PM »
I know Phoenix Graphix carries the Technical Decal Packages, but I'm not sure whether the location of each is specified with the kit.  Some decals, based upon the name, should be self explanatory.  Hope this helps...

Offline sanctuarycabin

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 04:30:36 PM »
Thanks - I did check with Phoenix Graphics and they only have for years starting in 1978.  So I am still looking... if anyone has more info... Thanks

Offline NOT A TA

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 12:09:27 AM »
You should probably check to see how judging is done. I was shocked when I showed my car at S.T.A.R.S. and found out the scores were based more on presentation than anything technical.  So shiny tires and clean windows was more important than other things I thought would be more important.
John Paige

Dear Not A TA,
This is Tin Indian's wife. Would you please stop posting pictures of your car? Especially ones with er, ummm, sidepipes. I'm dizzy already and have to get up early in the morning.  :-X

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 01:28:26 AM »
Exactly, seen a few of those shows. The guys were dribbling over cheap Taiwanese chrome covers and gimmicks and the guys who'd clearly spent time and effort tracking down original parts or keeping neat were ignored. Be aware that labels and tags added incorrectly or over the top compared to car condition will often look worse then with them missing. Often the crayon and tags are overdone to be obvious, so they are seen , sometimes the factory did that, like Diffs, but many times not.

Offline sanctuarycabin

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 10:03:22 AM »
I used in my restoration of my 1976 Y82 455 / 4 Speed - NOS parts whereas available all the way to original tie rods etc.., and would like to present it nicely as not to be criticized - but maybe a Judge will read this post in time and I will get a response as if it makes or breaks the deal of having the Assembly Line Labels and Chalk Marks on the car or not.  I am hoping someone has photos of theirs whereas they could send me the locations etc.., I don't believe it would vary much between say a 75 car to a 76 car... most of that did not change much from year to year. 

Offline sanctuarycabin

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 11:56:07 AM »
I see there are assembly line detail kits and markers/crayons available for marking drivetrain etc.., My question is: At the Trans Am Nationals is this a must or a plus for points for judging to have these on the car?  If it would be a plus does anyone have a list whereas to mark and place the decals/marks and what they were for a 76 TA?