Trans Am Information > Trans Am Information

1979 Trans Am SE badge/plaque

(1/2) > >>

TransAmAnn:
I'm interested in a 1979 Trans Am. They say it is an SE and there is a badge/plate on the interior dash that states the total production of 1107. Please see the attached photo. There is so much fraud these days, has anyone see one of these? Do you think it is legitimate or a fraud? Your help is appreciated as I am new to the Trans Am world.

RENOVATIONS:
There were in fact 1,107  1979 SE Trans Ams built with the 400/4 speed.

The dash plaque however is not a factory piece.

Here are the production numbers:  http://www.78ta.com/production.php

RENOVATIONS:
Any other questions or pictures of the car, we can help with.
The dash bezel itself looks to be painted black and should be a silver engine-turned finish.

TransAmAnn:
Thanks Jeff! We just found the build sheet behind the back seat. It is a Y84. I appreciate the info on the "plaque". I wondered about the dash, as most of the photos I have seen look like you described. It sure doesn't look painted, but we'll check into that some more.

One more question...do you know how I find out which number of the 1107 this car happens to be?

Ann

RENOVATIONS:

--- Quote from: TransAmAnn on May 03, 2015, 02:17:53 AM ---One more question...do you know how I find out which number of the 1107 this car happens to be?

--- End quote ---

Unfortunately it didn't work that way as the 1,107 '79 SE T/A's didn't roll out consecutively...just random cars produced among a sea of '79's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version