Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 690771 times)

Offline Moon75

• lifes short- long burnouts
Re: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #3825 on: September 11, 2017, 03:08:40 PM »
Coldstream BC. Canada. 75 t/a. needs loving. bought it half tore apart. ;D
1975 Trans am, w/ 1971 400, in build stage.

Offline Tony78T/A

« Reply #3826 on: October 17, 2017, 10:07:07 PM »
Hello everyone.

My name is Tony (obviously lol) and I'm from Rochester NY.

Mechanic by trade for 27 years, diehard hotrodder with my style planted firmly in the 60's style....until it comes to 70's vehicles.
 I dig all second gen Trans Am's, especially the 77/78 style.
Yes, because of Smokey and the Bandit (like many). I was a young kid when that movie came out and it just struck a nerve. Love those cars ever since.

I have a 78 solar gold w72 auto car with t tops and camel interior....or, that's how it was born. Right now it's a disassembled shell.
It's rust free though so I'll be putting it on a rotisserie and putting it back together. It'll be pretty much stock because honestly, I just like they way they were.

Other stuff Ive built and have now are a 57 belair which Ive had for 29 years (first car), 60's style chopped steel 32 Ford 5 window drag inspired coupe with a GMC blown 327/5 speed, chopped 52 Chevy truck again 60's style, 63 impala 409 4 speed, lowered 77 c10 daily
 This stuff is more of a lifestyle for me vs a hobby...some
Say a sickness. Lol

Anyway that's about it for me.
Looking forward to being a part of this site.

Thanks!
Tony
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 10:12:04 PM by Tony78T/A »

Offline doug hightower

« Reply #3827 on: November 04, 2017, 05:59:29 AM »
Hey Guys..I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself. I live in Georgia and looking to chat it up, gain knowledge, and see if I can put this newly acquired rat together and get it pimpin...I have a 1952 chevy 3100 5 window pickup sitting on a 1978 trans am frame. 400/400 turbo transmission. The truck runs but is leaking from I think the oil pan..I have built a few Harley engines, top end, but never a car engine..Guess what Im saying is Im clueless. Hope I can find help here and learn a few things...Thanks

Offline PATEXEIRA

« Reply #3828 on: December 16, 2017, 01:42:58 AM »
Hello I'm Paul now residing in Kissimmee Fl  originally from Massachusetts . I am new to this site and restoring a 76 Trans Am. I looking to see if anybody knows where I can purchase the front bumper brackets for my 76 TA. Any information on locating these will be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 01:44:36 AM by PATEXEIRA »

Offline formula50

« Reply #3829 on: January 09, 2018, 10:08:11 PM »
Hi, Cody here I have been a member but not active for a while so I guess my status was erased after the site reconstruction. I had a stable of seven 77-78 Formulas and TA's but down to one 77 Formula and one 78 TA. I am finally trying to get the TA finished after a long hiatus from working on it. I'm sure I will be asking questions as the build goes along. I am in Johnson county,Texas.

Offline iceageg

« Reply #3830 on: February 09, 2018, 09:04:56 AM »
Ian here from Denver, CO.  Long time lurker that finally registered.  Pic and brief history of my 78 Gold Edition in the photo forum here:

http://www.78ta.com/HTAF/index.php?topic=45872.msg445864#msg445864

At this point she is a rolling restoration project that will eventually be passed on to my son.  I look forward to participating here as the we work towards making her glorious again.

Offline Mxzx

« Reply #3831 on: February 15, 2018, 05:09:28 PM »
New guy here.  Just bought the '79 TA last fall.  Its an auto with a 455, newish paint, & WS-6 wheels.  Clock says 85,000 miles, not sure but who cares?

Want to put EFI and a 4/5 speed in it someday!

Offline carroll28805

« Reply #3832 on: May 06, 2018, 04:29:11 PM »
Carroll28805, I currently live in Seneca SC which is in the upstate NW corner of SC. Formerly Asheville NC that is where I grew up, and worked at Bellsouth until I retired and moved to SC. I had a 1970 TA sold it when I got married, and have regretted it ever since. Recently I bought a 1978 TA which is in fair condition, but needs a lot of work. I need help so if anyone is nearby let me know. I am 66 years old with a bad back, go figure why did I start this project? I thought it would be fun to cruise again ,and meet like minded people. Just getting started with the car so I will be around for awhile. Good evening to all!

Offline TA455blue

« Reply #3833 on: May 21, 2018, 09:35:33 PM »
Hi !!!  Living in Puerto Rico.  Just got my hands on a 1980 Blue TA.  Joing looking for help to determing if my TA is one of the first cars that TA specialty modded.  Reading the HR interview to one of the owners he explained that the first cars they did a couple of whites and a couple of blue cars.  Mine has the 170 mph odometer, recaros seats , 455 and a very similar engine bay since it has same air filter, valve covers, same location of the MSD as #24. The was bought in NY in 1982 and shipped to PR and hasn't run in the street since 1997.  Rock solid but need restoration and thats the issue.  If it is an original Trans Am specialties a will like to keep it in the original blue but if not a want to change the color of it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advanced.
Milton

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3834 on: June 10, 2018, 02:09:17 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm re-new on here...lol...its been like 8 years since I was active on here but my life has some stability again and I'm able to resume working on my car which means it's time to become active again. Through all my life changes, I have wavered a few times but hung on to my old girl and this fall I shall resume working on her again. I just need to finish building the garage and It will have a proper home again. In the mean time, it is time to relearn a lot of details I once knew.

It is labeled "The Project" in the restoration section for the photos and what not
Charlie
1979 - Esprit (21 years and counting)

Offline JAMMIN JAMMER

« Reply #3835 on: August 11, 2018, 05:58:01 PM »
Hey to all.  I am from upstate NY and have a 1978 Trans Am special edition gold.  Bought it brand new, so I know its the real deal.  Stopped driving it in 87 and it got parked out back behind the garage.  Just sat outside for the last 30 years and been thinking about restoring it if that's something that can still be done after sitting there all these years.  Don't know the first thing about restoration but if it can be done something to do in my retirement.  That's all for now glad to be here and look forward to having fun

Offline Richy

« Reply #3836 on: August 19, 2018, 09:28:36 PM »
Hey everyone, my name is Richy, and I’m from Wenatchee WA. I have a 79 Trans Am Pontiac 400.

Offline Stealthpenguin

« Reply #3837 on: September 19, 2018, 04:54:15 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm Jordan from Crawfordsville, IN. I'm brand new to the board

I have a 78 Trans Am SE  automatic (W72,Y82)

I little back story on my car. Back in 2009 I saw it sitting in front of a house with a for sale sign on it. When I stopped to inquire about it I learned quite a bit. A married couple was selling it because they needed to buy a minivan for their growing family. They had previously used it as a daily driver and the previous owner to them had made is somewhat of a drag car. They had pulled the stock 400 (with the intention of rebuilding it) and put in its place a 400 out of a 68 GTO. They also had changed the gears in the back and added a MSD.

The married couple only wanted 8k for car and they even threw in the original 400 that was sitting in a tractor tire.

I mainly wanted the car just because I've had all sorts of Pontiacs previously (2009 G8 GT, 2000 Trans AM WS6, and even a 86 Sunbird (first car) but this was the first time I had a chance to get a older Pontiac. I ended up buying the car and didn't do any major repairs or research for 6-7 years.

Within the last few years I became interested in the history of the car and had a PHS done on it. That's where I learned about it being a Y82/W72

I've recently done small things (new hood hinges, radiator hoses. brake calipers) but nothing major. I'm looking forward to interacting with the wealth of knowledge present on this forum.

Offline Bhale8031

« Reply #3838 on: May 04, 2019, 12:22:17 PM »
I'm from Hartsville Tn. I've been reading this forum for years and I'm pretty sure I've seen the whole restoration forum. I've got a 2001 WS6 6 speed but I'm really looking for a 77 or 78 y82. I've been looking for about 15-20 years for the right car though.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 09:52:05 AM by Bhale8031 »

Offline Nexus

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3839 on: May 23, 2019, 10:12:14 PM »
Keep searching...the right one will come eventually!!
Charlie
1979 - Esprit (21 years and counting)