Author Topic: A selling suggestion  (Read 7616 times)

Offline GT-Performer

• 1979 Y84 301 4_speed (manual)
Re: A selling suggestion
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2010, 06:42:40 AM »
Im selling mine, ive only posted on craigslist with responces to lowballers and tire kickers, ive been completly honest in the description and posted pics of the trouble spots, yet i get people who come over and say "It needs this, that and the other thing" FULLY KNOWING THIS ALREADY, then offer me WAY less, I have a EXTREMELYYYYYYY RARE Y84, Is a REAL collectors car. I only want 3 grand for it. And people think they can get it for free, Yea, i needs restoration, but because of what it is makes it worth more than 3 Grand ALL DAY. Craigslist trolls cant understand that fo some reason. True its only a 301, nothing fast, but its 1 of 213 built in 1979 as a Y84 FACTORY 4 SPEED MANUAL, T-top. Its a FULL #s matching car with a soild trunk. Unmolested. It runs too. Out of the 213 Y84's with this SUPER RARE option, how many can possibly still be around??? Like i said, its a REAL collectors car. These 4 speeds are VERY sought after. Why cant i sell it!!!!! I just want to get rid of it because i dont have the money to give it the love it deserves, this car needs to go to sombody who can apriciate it for what it is. I bought it with intentions of fully customizing it, (reclining seats, massive stero,built engine,) then i saw the Y84 plate and did the tag research and said NO WAY am i going to tear this car apart, so now im stuck.

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2010, 11:37:53 AM »
Everyone wants a bargain........... hence the offers.
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline GT-Performer

• 1979 Y84 301 4_speed (manual)
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2010, 02:24:55 PM »
yea, i know....i just think 3grand is reasonable for what the car is....heck, i even told 1 guy  that came to see it that i would let it go for 2grand cash that very day, he offered 1600. Friggin people man.

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2010, 03:17:58 PM »
Some people just cant help themselves.

Its a shame though, its such a fine balance, between being polite and really just wanting to tell people to F off !

Out of all the bad eggs you only need one to say yes.......... but its frustrating granted,

me im in the wrong country.

1979 Trans am.

Offline Bull Dog

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2010, 08:05:03 PM »
For me (new and a sponge for knowledge) I look at the member to see how many post they have before I think about buying from them or taking their advice. You have the usual suspects out there and if you pay attention I think you could some what get a feel of the seller or post'er.....I think, but then again.........i'm just the 800 lbs gorilla in the room
'76 Trans Am 455/4spd BLK
'76 Trans Am 455/ 4spd WHT(sold) :(
'76 Trans Am 400/ auto(sold) :(
'79  Trans Am 403/ auto(sold):(

Offline IRISH79TA

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2010, 08:09:04 PM »
Hey all,
   Had my car listed a short while ago , computer broke , bought another computer , could not get back my previous name , so got a new one . I am not great on computers, and could not figure out how to use former sign on name.
  I had 216 posts with previous name...
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 08:16:16 PM by IRISH79TA »

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 08:37:40 PM »
Hey all,
   Had my car listed a short while ago , computer broke , bought another computer , could not get back my previous name , so got a new one . I am not great on computers, and could not figure out how to use former sign on name.
  I had 216 posts with previous name...

PM the Hitman or Hammer they can get you your info for your other user and log back in with it. 
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2010, 08:44:40 PM »

PM the Hitman or Hammer they can get you your info for your other user and log back in with it. 

x2

Offline lniemeyer2

• 74 Formula 455
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2010, 10:48:37 PM »
I don't know about the 10 post thing, I have seen it on other sites.  I alway go with the buyer beware theory and ask questions along with additional pics until I am comfortable with it, or if I am really lucky someone will vouch for them but even then you never know.
74 Formula 455 #'s matching.  Under reconstruction!

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 04:43:00 AM »
You should approach it like any other car purchase......... with your eyes well and truly open.

1979 Trans am.