Author Topic: Jersey Boys  (Read 855 times)

Offline ta78w72

• Lifetime Member
Jersey Boys
« on: June 09, 2007, 11:27:28 AM »
If any on you get a chance, you should catch Jersey Boys.  It's the story of the Four Seasons.  Kind of like a play, but more of their story told with their music.  They were in New York, and just finished in San Francisco.  Now they're in LA.  A new cast is still in San Francisco though.  They were sold out every night and got rave reviews. 

San Francisco....that reminds me of a story. :D
In 1968, me and my buddies hopped into my friends 1956 Chevy...three on the column with a 265, blue and white.  Great little California rust free car.  We drove to San Francisco and parked.  Walked to the Filmore auditorium.  It was true what they say about the streets talking in San Francisco in those days.  Shadowy forms in dark doorways whispered the names of drugs for sale as we made our way to the concert.  The band we were going to see was kind of an oddity as there were only three members.  And, they had a funny name....Cream.  We were all blown away by Clapton.  I got a headache from all the smoke in the auditorium, so I made my way to the back of the stage (the stage was raised and set back from the end of the building for some reason and there were chairs in back of it...but you couldn't see anything from back there but it was a place to sit down).  We sat for a few minutes and a couple of older guys came up and one beautiful woman. The woman asked if I would move down a space so the manager of cream could sit down.  I did and she sat next to me.  The next day, I learned that I had sat next to Claptons girlfriend.  I'll say one thing for him, not only is he a great guitar player but he's got great taste in women.

Cream....1968, those were great days!