Author Topic: Help Remove Listing  (Read 2131 times)

Offline shadowrider

Help Remove Listing
« on: March 12, 2009, 11:52:23 PM »
How do I remove a listing from the parts for sale or the parts wanted ???
that I have palced. I don't see any where to delete the listing

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Help Remove Listing
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:00:54 AM »
A moderator would have to remove it completely but you can always click "modify" on your post and delete/add info from there ;)
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline shadowrider

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 12:06:24 AM »
I tried the modify & removed the subject line , the description, unchecked the photos & clicked post, was then told I could not do this because the subject line was empty. So do I contact a moderator every time one of my parts are sold to have them remove the listing? If so who do I contact to ask for this to be done?  I thought I would be able to remove my own listing in the parts for sale  & parts wanted section as needed, I would think this would be allowed as  a person would only be removing htere own listings.

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 12:12:22 AM »
You can delete everything in the post and put SOLD in the subject line.

Or simply state SOLD in the last post.

A moderator will remove it later.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 12:38:15 AM »
The normal procedure for any listing is they are not deleted or removed but edited by the seller.  You can add SOLD in the subject line and place a last thread stating the part was SOLD.  However, unless there is a problem with a listing, the moderators usually never delete any threads or listing.  Editing your listing and erasing its content in the large box and changing the subject line to just the word SOLD should work.

Please contact the Hitman or any moderator if you are having trouble with any listing.   I am sure we can help you. 

Hammer ,I thought you had pull here ?  :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 12:48:02 AM by RainMan »

Offline shadowrider

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 12:51:03 AM »
Thanks Hammer

Another question
How do  I go about finding  & contacting a moderator?
 What I have done so far is to just click on the names of people who are on line & look at there profile.
But is there a palce to click or go on the site to look up & contact moderator?

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2009, 01:04:38 AM »
I just go back and add ***SOLD*** to my subject line, then I delete everything (especially pics) in my ad and type in "Sold".  Saves bandwidth for the site that way.  On the other T/A site I post on, there is a "delete" option.  That is why my post count at TAC is at 200-something.  I have deleted over 4000 of my posts from there.  Post counts mean nothing to me.

Offline Hitman

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
    • http://www.78ta.com
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2009, 10:17:26 AM »
I also agree with what was said above... just add the word "SOLD" to the subject line and then reply to your own post that the parts has been sold.  As far as "Searching" for admins or moderators, you can click on the Member list at the bottom of the main page.  Then you can sort that list by name, by post count, by date registered or you can sort it by "position" which will put the admins and moderators at the top of the list.
Brett Campbell
"Hitman"
www.78ta.com
1978 Trans Am