Author Topic: Best weather stripping/seal options for C&C T-tops cars  (Read 3567 times)

Offline Brav

Best weather stripping/seal options for C&C T-tops cars
« on: July 13, 2012, 07:34:50 PM »
Mine is all original, and since my first rain with the car, see now why my interior was destroyed.  Obviously there is nothing available for C&C.  the large U shape seals on the roof are in decent shape. I just need the window seals.. is my best bet to order a Metro kit and trim it to fit? I dont know what I will do about the window-to-hatch seal, probably search for a generic aftermarket one.. and then should I just use black caulk to seal the hell out of the A/B pillar joints?  Or should I get a complete Fisher kit and work from there?

Are the firebirdcentral.com kits from Metro?

Thanks..

77 T/A 455 swap

Offline TAKID455

Re: Best weather stripping/seal options for C&C T-tops cars
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 09:34:47 PM »
sunroofdoctor.com is your only hope. has all the remaining stock when C&C went out. Only LH side available.  Other than that, your SOL unless you find a good used set.
2nd Gen Engineering
Specializing in Suspension and Driveline Performance Engineering
Custom/ Racing/ Restorations

Offline Brav

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 12:24:22 PM »
Yea they are completely out.. Going to try and splice in a coupe kit for now. Top rubber is in good shape anyway (stuff under the actual hatches).
77 T/A 455 swap

Offline jeffputts

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 05:50:17 PM »
any luck on this? Just bought a 79 w/ the C&C. top u rubber is perfect but windows are shot

Offline Stringer

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 07:37:59 PM »
I have C & C T-Tops. You can not get any weather striping....but you can repair yours with RTV Black silicon sealant (the same stuff used for intake gaskets). That's what I did and it turned out great.   

Buy reproduction upper door seals without t-tops.  Cut off your old door seal in a straight line just below the corner and the splice in the new door seal for that lower portion.  Use a bead of RTV in the channel for good adhesion and use it to seal the joint.  It may take several layers, letting it dry for several hours in between each one. Don't worry too much about any build up because once it dries you can sand it down. In fact if you have some "chunks" our of the rubber you may have to build it up and sand it after it is fully dry. I had to do that for the corners where the weather stripping is cut for the t-top. Those corners were really bet up. I think I build them out about an inch.

You can also spread a thin layer over the whole weather stripping to "restore" it.  Make sure the weather striping is clean before for best adhesion.  I did this 3 years ago and it still looks great. 

I will try to post some pictures for you.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 07:43:37 PM by Stringer »