Author Topic: Dual exhaust for 78 TA?  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: Dual exhaust for 78 TA?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 06:19:10 PM »
Exactly, perhaps email them a few photos of the car type showing exhaust you want and related kits and parts so they can tell what parts you may need to order or perhaps be able to get a better deal on. Sorry, can't comment on the Pontiac engine parts.

Offline FULZGOLD

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 10:20:33 PM »
You all have me thinking now. I should probably do the exhaust on my Y88 too. Mine is all original and even has the original cat. Only 45k miles on it so it's in great shape, so I should pull it and save the system for later on. I was planning on the RA manifolds as well, but it get's pricey if you want the splitters. On my last Firebird, a 79 base with a small Chevy, I ran the Pypes from the headers with the street pro mufflers and the straight out the back pipes. Installed myself and it sounded great.
Hope your wait goes fast!

Offline Anderslober

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 05:31:46 PM »
When using the RA manifolds, are any mods necessary? Or is it just bolt-on and go.....?

Offline cporter1313

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2017, 12:09:05 PM »
Just wondering if there was any update to this post?  Did you end up ordering the parts you were looking at?  Did you need to include any flanges and/or reducers as well?