Author Topic: Can't find parts that ship cheap  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Maxthe222

Can't find parts that ship cheap
« on: February 05, 2018, 05:58:02 PM »
Hey dudes,

Been trying to score a auto shiftier plate w/ the chrome accents and a tan rear package tray, but so far, every one of those websites like classic industries and fire bird central have quoted impossible shipping prices for a $20 part. Anyone know where I could get something like those from somewhere else? I've bought much, much bigger and heavier items from the US to Australia and the shipping hasn't been anywhere near as atrocious. I'd buy second hand, but those parts second hand are either really really worn or the chrome bits etc have faded badly.

Thanks guys
'87 L98 GTA
'79 Y84 WS6 T/A
'79 W72 WS6 F/A
'78 WS6 L80 T/A
'78 W50 L80 FRMLA
'71 FRMLA 400/4-Spd

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: Can't find parts that ship cheap
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 06:17:17 AM »
I had both of those both for sale in Australia recently.
Be aware that I've yet to see a tan parcel tray that is remotely similar tan to anything it is advertised as. You will need to redye it to match. Oh yeah, can't get that dye here either. Do your homework on the shifter bezels, some of the repros are rubbish.
Compare the shipping prices ex-US to the inflated price of items already in Australia like Pontiworld, sometimes it's not worth the hassle.

Offline Burd Turd

• Lifetime Member
Re: Can't find parts that ship cheap
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 06:13:21 PM »
I found a nos camel one, you can still find them.   Want to buy the one in my car? I'm swapping it out with the nos one. 
Born and Raised in South Detroit Bitches