Author Topic: new to ta's got some q's  (Read 1215 times)

Offline varanus

new to ta's got some q's
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:56:19 PM »
my brother and i just bought 5 ta's and a yellowbird espirit. my question is seeing as the camaro and firebird are so similiar will suspension and other parts swap out? its alot easier to find cam parts then ta parts. these cars have all spent there life in northern canada and will never be concours competitors so 100% origanal is not really important, just sweet a$$ drivers with a boat load of horse power.Thanks for any help on this .

Offline Helter80

Re: new to ta's got some q's
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:00:57 PM »
they are very similar, but some of the t/a's suspension parts are different than the camaro. the trans am was made to handle good, the camaro was just made to go fast.
www.transamplus.com
Rob

79 Trans Am- Nocturne Blue,T-Tops,403,Camel Tan Deluxe Interior

Offline Mayan78

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 04:15:21 PM »
Where in Northern Canada did you find them? You in Canada too?

The yellowbirds are pretty rare so that one would be cool to restore.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 04:16:57 PM by Adinirac »

Offline varanus

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 12:09:57 AM »
just east of edmonton alberta and yeah unfortunetly i am from the "great white north" aswell. winter sucks. the one i am restoring has a replacement 400 in it but i am putting the 454 from my truck in it with a stroker kit i found online to make it a 524ci beast. goin the pro touring route with my resto. The yellow bird my brother decided he wanted.. personally i think it is the best condition of the 6 but it has no t-tops so it is not worth anything to me.

Offline Mayan78

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 02:02:35 PM »
Are they from "David T's"? A guy in my local Pontiac association just got back from there with a nice 3rd gen Bird. Said they had a few decent ones available...

Your pro ride should be great. There are a few guys here with those. "Pro71Bird" springs to mind if you're looking for info.

Offline varanus

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 09:44:26 AM »
yeah david T's is a pretty good place for parts. but  bring your inharitance (sp). i bought all six cars for $6500. If i went to davids i could only buy one car in slightly better condition for any where near that. he wants a mint for his stuff, but if you want oe parts he is pretty much the only person around to get it from. alot of the parts cars he strips are better then the three we are rebuilding lol. but i guess if you only deaal with camaros and trans ams you can ask what you want for parts.

Offline francis79

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008, 05:51:53 AM »
i live in cape breton but work the big union oilsands jobs , nice to make a pilgrimage to dave t ,s but even when your making a couple grand a week it is still expensive to shop there . seeing all those cars is pretty cool though .