Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 690627 times)

Offline dolfan13

Re: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #1095 on: December 07, 2007, 09:50:35 PM »
pics dolfan13

[attachment removed by admin over 60 days old]

Offline dolfan13

« Reply #1096 on: December 07, 2007, 09:56:02 PM »
try again bigger

[attachment removed by admin over 60 days old]

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1097 on: December 07, 2007, 09:56:15 PM »
That's a good looking ride dolfan13, very nice!
Rich

Offline formula65

« Reply #1098 on: December 07, 2007, 10:31:00 PM »
Hello everyone, my name is miguel and im from texas. im 17 years old am currently fixing a 1978 Trans am!  ;D its been lots of fun. We purchased the car in a junkyard about a year ago.it had no nose or hood or windshield and pretty much no interior except rear seats, and only one C & C top  :-\ which was a pain to try and get the another one. But since then ive bought pretty much  all the interior and other parts

when it was just bought..
<a href="http://img451.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture025bf8.jpg" target="_blank">Free Image Hosting at [url=http://www.ImageShack.us[/url]

after a few parts were gathered  :D
<a href="http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture060zy1.jpg" target="_blank">Free Image Hosting at [url=http://www.ImageShack.us[/url]

interior now :D
<a href="http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture091ei8.jpg" target="_blank">Free Image Hosting at [url=http://www.ImageShack.us[/url]

Offline dblhh

« Reply #1099 on: December 07, 2007, 10:46:11 PM »
Welcome formula65. What part of Texas are you located in?
Herrel

77 T/A, W72, auto, black
77 T/A, Y82, W72, auto, project
79 T/A, auto, project
78 T/A, T-tops, WS6, 400, auto, Marty; SOLD
78 T/A, hardtop, 400, auto, Marty; SOLD

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1100 on: December 07, 2007, 10:59:04 PM »
Nice car, dolfan13! :) :)

Miguel -- welcome to 78TA.com!  Thanks for posting pictures of your ride!  We look forward to hearing more about you and your car! :) :)

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1101 on: December 07, 2007, 11:42:49 PM »
even though the car is in pieces, every reaction so far has been the same - "Whoa!...............that's the coolest damn car I've ever seen!"

THAT really makes it all worth it, doesn't it? ;D Gives you that warm fuzzy feeling..

I recall a female friend stopping by a few years ago and seeing my '77 (stripped to the shell)....her reaction was the same: "that is the coolest thing I've ever seen"  :D :D (I don't think she'd ever seen a car THAT bare :o ;)

Nice hood formula65  8)
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1102 on: December 08, 2007, 07:57:18 AM »
Welcome to 78ta miguel.  You mention that the car is a '78 Trans Am but that looks like a Formula hood and a early 70's front clip.  Are you making a clone?
Rich

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #1103 on: December 08, 2007, 09:40:49 AM »
Welcome the the site Miguel.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline formula65

« Reply #1104 on: December 08, 2007, 02:38:55 PM »
sorry for the humongous pictures   :-X

im located in Hidalgo,TX,pretty much right next to the border of mexico  8)

actually before this car, i still have a 1970 firebird, unfortunately its a complete rust bucket  :'(, but i still dont want to part with it  :P
since the 78 had no front clip we just took the front clip from the 70 (brackets and everything) and the formula hood which looks pretty cool  ;D, and we just put it together  :)
unfortunately someone made the hood one whole piece its glued right on there  >:(

oddly enough i found a website that i think may have this exact same car before she got to me...

http://www.firebirdtransamparts.com/techinfo/ttops/candc.htm
if you look at the  1st pic it has the exact same broken door handle, and black painted C & C top that the car had when i purchased it  :o
it also has great information on C & C tops and all t top types of the trans ams. :)

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1105 on: December 08, 2007, 02:49:54 PM »
Yeah, that site belongs to Joe and Brian...great info site. ;D
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #1106 on: December 08, 2007, 02:58:42 PM »
sorry for the humongous pictures   :-X

im located in Hidalgo,TX,pretty much right next to the border of mexico  8)

actually before this car, i still have a 1970 firebird, unfortunately its a complete rust bucket  :'(, but i still dont want to part with it  :P
since the 78 had no front clip we just took the front clip from the 70 (brackets and everything) and the formula hood which looks pretty cool  ;D, and we just put it together  :)
unfortunately someone made the hood one whole piece its glued right on there  >:(

oddly enough i found a website that i think may have this exact same car before she got to me...

http://www.firebirdtransamparts.com/techinfo/ttops/candc.htm
if you look at the  1st pic it has the exact same broken door handle, and black painted C & C top that the car had when i purchased it  :o
it also has great information on C & C tops and all t top types of the trans ams. :)

Ok, first of all never ever appologize for a pic. We love em, and the bigger the better. Shows more detail. lol ;)

And welcome to the forum. I like that combo you've got. Love both the '77/'78s and the early Formies. 8)

That web page you posted the link to is Joe Bays' site (goes by the name firebirdparts here and at TAC). You might PM him and see if it really is the same car and if he knows any history on it.
Larry

Offline redd

« Reply #1107 on: December 10, 2007, 10:08:02 PM »
hi im redd im fromLeamington Ont. Canada i have a 1978 trans am my uncle left it to me before he passed away it needs alot of work like rear frame rails are gone floor pans ,its got the 400 with automatic.Thinking of tubbing it out but not sure people tell me to just scrap it!!!! but it kinda holds alot of memories of my uncle he was like a dad to me.If i do fix it my 5 yr old wants it.What do you guys think ishould do.
WHO CARES WHAT THEY CALL IT....JUST BUILD IT AND DRIVE IT

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1108 on: December 10, 2007, 10:12:24 PM »
Welcome to the 78ta family Redd.  My thoughts are to restore that car to it's originally glory.  Maybe with some small modifications.  I bet your five year old would love to help too.  I know my five year old daughter likes to get out and turn some wrenchs with me.  She just loves the car.  Post up some pics so we can take a look at her.
Rich

Offline redd

« Reply #1109 on: December 10, 2007, 10:25:01 PM »
i would send pics but i cant figure how to get them from my camera to the site any help would be appreciated .any idea what frame rails are worth?i love your 75 T/A she is beautiful thanx for the reply
WHO CARES WHAT THEY CALL IT....JUST BUILD IT AND DRIVE IT