Author Topic: First Post + Introduction  (Read 2906 times)

Offline 28hours

First Post + Introduction
« on: September 20, 2016, 11:32:27 PM »
I guess my story is the same as many. I fell in love with the Trans Am when I was 11 watching the Bandit in a movie theater. 37 years later I have my car. Picked it up in St Louis and drove it home to Virginia. The car had undergone a frame off restoration with a 455 and 4-speed. It's actually a good thing the fuel gage goes down so fast because I was adding brake fluid with each fill-up.  I haven't really had a chance to play with the car yet. I've ordered a ton of parts, even though the car appears perfect. Funny how that goes. I'm replacing the brake booster/Master Cylinder/ Proportioning valve. It took me a few minutes to realize the only way to get at the inside firewall nuts was to climb on top of the engine. Man this car is big. Makes me smile every time I look at it and I still can't believe it's in my garage. Lots of TA forums on the net but I think I'll settle in here considering mine's a '78. Looking forward to hanging out and learning about these beautiful machines.

Dave

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
Re: First Post + Introduction
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 12:39:00 AM »
Welcome Dave...great looking '78!
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline 28hours

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 12:50:38 AM »
Welcome Dave...great looking '78!

Thanks, Wish I could take credit for it. I'll post some pics when I get it cleaned up. After the 800 mile drive I did at least get the smashed bugs off of it.

Offline FULZGOLD

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 01:15:58 PM »
Welcome Dave!