Author Topic: Last time around for this car  (Read 4013 times)

Offline mrpontiac80

Last time around for this car
« on: October 22, 2008, 09:31:46 PM »
Hi guys,  Just a little advertising for my car.   This is the last time I am going to list it ( #3)  Third times a charm maybe.   1st time it was removed by ebay for linking to outside source for my video and stating that I would accept cash and after relisting for the first full duration, it ended just short of the reserve.    2nd time ended with a buy it now but a buyer that had NO intentions of following through.

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the auction.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220299624709  It ends Sat, November 1st around 6:30 pm central time I think.  I guess if it does not sell than I won't get the chevelle, but at least I can move along with some changes I'd like to do to it I guess   Im thinking shaker hood, black custom interior, maybe other things to stand out

Michael Russell

Offline pointman

• Ohio Firebirds Member
Re: Last time around for this car
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 09:52:24 PM »
Great looking car! If i had the cash I'd but it in a heartbeat. Good luck with the sale!
Gerrit VK

78 Gold SE Y88 400 auto
79 Black 403 auto
86 Fiero SE V6
07 H3 Hummer
04 GMC Safari

Offline pat

• Adv. Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 05:47:03 PM »
how did you make the door pannels
speed kills drive a ford and live forever

Offline dgtldesigner

• Stevie's Diner - Classic American Eats with a Retro Twist
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 07:38:20 PM »
nice looking and the door panels are sweeeet!
Steve

1981 Turbo Trans Am
1983 Trans Am

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 07:44:13 PM »
I have done auto upholstery for years, so I did them at work one day.   The door panels are "sculpted"  like you would find in custom rods and such.   In a nutshell, I made all new panel board and glued my foam pad to it after attaching the curved upper rail.   After I had a layer of pad on it, I then made each part such as the wings and body of the bird in individual foam pieces and glued them to the first layer.   I then covered it in original type vinyl.

Michael Russell

Offline WolfBandit30

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 10:38:48 PM »
you know that guy making the comment about to 'blinggy'!! Why even make that comment unless you were trying to bargain for the car? Just struck me as odd is all!!!!!!!

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 10:48:12 PM »
I have done auto upholstery for years, so I did them at work one day. 

Yeah, Mike just strolls in one morning and has this idea -- and you see the results!  The rest of us fidget and fuss for months and then people laugh at what we make... :-\ ;)

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 01:34:41 AM »
I have done auto upholstery for years, so I did them at work one day. 

Yeah, Mike just strolls in one morning and has this idea -- and you see the results!  The rest of us fidget and fuss for months and then people laugh at what we make... :-\ ;)

Thats funny Rick,     I put off things that really bother me mostly because I do not have the money to replace the stuff.   So after saving for a while to buy the NOS hobnail, and exhaust, my door panels were just very nasty.   I knew I could do something that would look better and there is the result.   Took about a half day to do them I guess.

Michael Russell

Offline turbota400

• Adv. Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 01:59:49 AM »
Looks great!  That's kind of the same idea I have for mine, but a different style bird and different placement.  If I can pull it off....
Shawn
1972 Chevy C-10
1980 Trans Am Pace Car - 428 ci Poncho in the works
1992 S-10 2WD- Work Bomber/Gas saver
1997 Chevy X-cab 4x4 - Vortec 350

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 06:29:36 AM »
good luck with your sale this time.......can i click your buy it now just for fun to see if it works? i hope you get what you want man and all goes smooth. im kind of in the same boat nobody really showed any interested in my car so im fixing it up though i'd like something else
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 08:56:30 AM »
good luck with your sale this time.......can i click your buy it now just for fun to see if it works? i hope you get what you want man and all goes smooth. im kind of in the same boat nobody really showed any interested in my car so im fixing it up though i'd like something else

Ha,    that buy it now sure is tempting to push...  buttons aree fun!!      I put a mandatory paypal deposit of 250 with buy it now to cover my auction costs this time though!!!!      There are lots of cars I'd love to have..  one guy asked if I'd like to trade for a vette, but they are just not my thing.   I'd really love to have the 92 camaro posted by another member!  or a late model TA, or a ....

Michael Russell

Offline BACnBLK

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 02:54:34 PM »
mrpontiac80  WOW You are good.

Good Luck with the sale, will make someone very happy.

Know the Chevelle would be.
bacNblk

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2008, 03:26:01 PM »
Thanks,   I just got a call from a guy a few towns over about an hour out that is going to come see it tonight, so who knows!   I aint getting my hopes up though ::)

Michael Russell

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2008, 06:50:41 PM »
Any joy?
Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline mrpontiac80

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2008, 07:15:58 PM »
Any joy?
  I assume your asking about the guy coming to see it?   If so, it is just now 6:15 pm here and he should be here in another 1-2 hours.   I'll let you know though

Michael Russell