Author Topic: 1978 Martinique Blue Survivor F/S: $22,500 24,xxx miles ***SOLD***  (Read 8077 times)

Offline Helter80

Re: 1978 Martinique Blue Survivor F/S: $22,500 24,xxx miles ***SOLD***
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 01:24:01 PM »
If you paint that car you will regret it for the rest of your life. i always wanted a black SE too until I found my Martinique Blue 78 WS6 with numbers matching 86K miles on it. Took her to Nats in 2007 and had NUMEROUS compliments and comments from people who had been looking for one just like her. Still have her, and ive actually been kicking around the idea of selling her too, or trading for a 00-02 Firehawk or something of that nature.

i agree. my 79 T/A is Nocturn Blue, and i get tons of compliments on the color and how "you don't see them often in that color". (its the original color to my car). don't get me wrong, black SE's are really nice, but you see a lot of black with gold decals T/A's a lot. i've always been a fan of cars that are not a common one. IMO
www.transamplus.com
Rob

79 Trans Am- Nocturne Blue,T-Tops,403,Camel Tan Deluxe Interior

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 07:30:08 PM »
I just don't think you get that menacing look like the black and gold .
To me this is one sexy looking front end ,and this year one T/A would not the same in blue .

I have to see if I like  the color first,and maybe it will stay the factory color  .I also have to see if I can still get Collector plates if I change colors .I think if you stay with a color scheme from that year your ok  though.
It's going to cost a fortune to even consider changing the color though . I bet after graphics,at least 7G.   So this may be a factor to .
Everyone says tere are so many T/A's out there with the black and gold paint scheme ,but there are none here for miles

I love this look here though I gotta say

When I sat in an  SE the other day, I was so impressed by it . I gotta say the gold interior parts just make the car ,what a feeling! I doubt I will change my chrome appointments to gold though .Unless I can find a way to buy all differant parts and save the stock stuff incase a person wants to go back to stock I guess
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:37:21 PM by RainMan »

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 07:37:32 PM »
It's going to cost a fortune to even consider changing the color though . I bet after graphics,at least 7G.   So this may be a factor to .
Everyone says tere are so many T/A's out there with the black and gold paint scheme ,but there are none here for miles

For $7000 you can buy a clone black/gold SE Trans Am and still have the original paint Martinique car.   When are they gonna come pick it up?

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 07:50:10 PM »
Well I had to get another company to pick it up ,there called Classic Car Transport .
I believe they will get it next week sometime ,then at some point make the big journey .
I am sure Andy would like it out of his garage as well .

I got screwed by Express Auto transport .The car sat for a an entire month while they tried to appoint a pick up for it . That really sucks ,because  if I had known about Classic Car Transport   sooner ,I believe the car would be here now .
They seem like great Guys ,really good communication  ,and I have alot of faiith in this Company .

I wasn't aware that Express Auto was nothing more than a broker . I am still fighting to get my $300 deposite back from them .They claim if they dont pick up your car in 15 days ,you get it back ,well it's not looking good .I guess I will have to see if Visa can get it out of them .

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:53:58 PM by RainMan »

Offline kentuckyyeti

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 08:00:37 PM »
Good luck with getting your money back from Express.  Got to be frustrating, knowing you are 1000's of miles away and I'm here- burning the rubber off your car's tires, jumping bridges like the Bandit, and racking up hundreds of miles on the car while you patiently wait for it to be delivered.  Just kidding.  It is safe and sound in the climate-controlled garage, waiting to get picked up.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 08:12:45 PM »
jumping bridges like the Bandit

LMAO^^^

Well sort of lol

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 08:18:03 PM »
Ya I gotta say I can hardly wait to actually sit in the car for the first time!

I will never forget the first time I sat in my black and gold 77  that I bought back in 1980
I think there alot of fun to drive ,and  show off . Wish I could  turn the clock back to July so I could take her to our local car shows  .
I guess next year

When I pick her up at the border,it's going to be one memorable day when I drive her home . The weather is awesome right now ,but soon it will crash being here in BC
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 08:20:47 PM by RainMan »