Author Topic: awesome axe ripping  (Read 8370 times)

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
Re: awesome axe ripping
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 11:05:12 PM »
I saw Trey two years ago at the New Daisy here in memphis!! He's a beast! Hammer here are my guitars

http://www.78ta.com/smf/index.php?topic=11230.0

1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 06:56:22 AM »
Hammer, stop appologizing for crying out loud...your fine... thats what makes threads on subjects so cool. diversity. AS for the name of the guitarist from the scorpions Matthias Jabs.. another example.. differant styles in all.. and all are great players

SRV

Oh yes SRV is one awesome blues player Tom Kiefer of Cinderella is another one who is gifted in the ability with not only with the guitar but the Electric slide guitar as well as the Dobro.

The thing that gets me is each player will say that another player is much better than them. I seen interviews with Tom Petty stating he is amazed on how Joe Walsh plays.  Joe Perry claims he isnt that great of a player.
  Zakk Wilde.. who recently won the guitarist of the year. at the ceremony he tossed the award to the audience stating the award belongs to the poeple not him... hes just having fun doing what he likes to do best.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 10:41:11 AM by rarebird »
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A   

Offline Rarebird

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 03:26:14 PM »

[/quote]

Thanks Virgil........  And I do like ELO too. LOL

Hammer
[/quote]

I JUST KNEW IT.. LOL... Have to admit they did have some good sounds..

Did anyone catch the Boi on Roy Orbison on the Doc Channel friday night.... very interesting... a lot of things I never knew about the man.  Every friday night they do a boi from someone in the Rock and Roll world... I watched one about 3 weeks ago on the Gibson Guitars.... interviews with all those that play them from BB King to Tom Petty.
Virgil...
1978 W72 w/M21 T/A