Author Topic: VERY Rare Gold 1978 SE Trans Am for sale - $13,500  (Read 1367 times)

Offline goldbird78se

VERY Rare Gold 1978 SE Trans Am for sale - $13,500
« on: July 11, 2016, 07:49:22 PM »
Hey everyone!
This forum has helped me so much with this car and I've had A LOT of work done since purchasing the car.  There's more to do, and i just don't have extra time on my hands, so I'm looking for a buyer who loves this car like I do. 
Check out my craigslist listing and pass it on if you'd like!

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5676581875.html

This SE Trans Am is an original gold edition. It has factory 15x8 inch SE only wheels. The arrow head on the header panel is gold along with steering wheel and the blacked out trim are all SE only options. It has a 6.6 litre 403 olds motor with an automatic trans and a posi rear.
It's the WS6 package, which included the larger 15 x 8-inch Snowflakes.

During my ownership, I have had the suspension and brakes re-done. They are perfect. I have also replaced the carburetor with an edelbrock. The tires are brand new. The headliner has been replaced and the t-top seals are new and in good shape. I've also had a new radiator and new master cylinder installed. Most (or all) hoses have been replaced. And I've had the engine harness replaced and the car re-wired.

The body of the car is very straight and without defect. There is no rust that I know of. The paint is not original. A re-paint in the original solar gold color is on my to-do list if I don't sell first!
The car starts quickly, drives and runs great. It may have an overheating issue but I'm no mechanic and am unable to verify the issue. The engine definitely throws heat on my legs while driving - great in the winter - not great in the summer. Esp. since the A/C was taken out by a previous owner. The interior needs cosmetic work as well.

Overall, this is a great car that I'm hesitant to sell. It's not ready to be a show car but easily could be. It's a driver that needs a little TLC, preferably by someone who has some skills of their own.

The odometer reads 11,786

VIN: 2W87K8L172012