Author Topic: Value of 10th Anniversary TA  (Read 2068 times)

Offline steadyeddie

Value of 10th Anniversary TA
« on: December 02, 2014, 09:25:50 PM »
Hi Guys I am new to the forum and would really appreciate some of your advice. I have always liked the TransAms and have been to look at a 10th Anniversary TransAm which is for sale. The car is absolutely solid, never been restored and the paintwork is pretty good (just very slightly faded in places). The original interior is fairly worn (seats need recovering, needs new material door panels and carpet....It is completely drivable as is but interior would be really good with these items replaced). The car drove really nicely and it has lots of documented history. The car has done 84,000kms (I am in Canada) and the owner will not take less than $15,500 (which would be about $13,600 US) I have looked at some values online and they really vary....I would really apprecite you input....Thank you.  :)

Offline gilbertsta

• "Live Like You Are Dying"
Re: Value of 10th Anniversary TA
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:40:04 PM »
What is the engine/transmission combo?

Offline tata

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 05:17:15 AM »
If its the 400 4 speed,  buy it if it does need anything major. You can touch up the interior with the sems paint.very easy and cheap. If the seats or door panels are ripped very expensive to replace. Make sur the x is in the vin and matching numbers engine and tranny. Decals on that car are not cheap either.  And the radio and dash gauges should light up red.  Lets us know. I use to have one . Always loved it too. Oh and  see if the antenna works, hard to find part  , that will cost a pretty penny too along with the mirror ttops

Offline steadyeddie

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 11:48:03 AM »
Sorry guys I should have said...it is the auto with the 403...it has matching numbers. the decals are in great condition and the paint is just slightly faded in places. The t-tops are good (it still has the bags they came in) I wouldn't re-spray the car I would keep it original as a good coat of polish would really lift the paint. The car seems really original and I have looked at the appraisers report the current owner had done before he bought it and it states body and engine are original. The car is slightly worn as you would expect with a 79 but it is solid and drives great. I have researched on-line and prices really vary (and without actually looking it is hard to tell the condition of the vehs)....Do you guys think the price is ball park for this car?
Really appreciate your help and if i get the car I think this will be a great site to share information.
Cheers Eddie.

Offline steadyeddie

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 11:51:21 AM »
oops meant to say that yes the gauges are red lit and have checked the VIN (with and X in) and done a carproof which was clean  :)

Offline tata

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 08:34:36 PM »
I know im in chi town were cars seem to cost more...but 13500 to 17 thousand in good shape is the range...blue book is way more, but all I do is see the nice ones for 22000 sit, or the 9000 ones with way to much work never sell.

Offline steadyeddie

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2014, 12:03:08 AM »
Thanks guys......I have always liked the TransAms and really like this one as it is a little different.....If I get it I want to take it to some local cars shows and enjoy driving  it on summer weekends. I will let you know how I get on....Just one more thing I guess that prices for these cars are slowly rising...so if I looked after the car it could possibly be an investment (this is how i am trying to get it past the good lady LOL)
Cheers Eddie.