Author Topic: fuel pump  (Read 1460 times)

Offline snake713

fuel pump
« on: October 27, 2014, 03:12:59 PM »
hi fellows , i have a fuel pump problem . i had a leak at the mounting bolt and fixed that , i went to start the car and no fuel getting to carb . i know i have pump in right (?) , cause i had to push up a little and get holes lined up for bolts . engine cranks fine , but no fuel coming to carb . any and all help will be appreciated .  thx   snake

Offline 461 stroker transam

Re: fuel pump
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 11:36:42 PM »
welcome to the site.
mechanical pump correct? new, original, or otherwise?
did you disconnect the lines? I know this sounds too basic but do you have the in/out lines correct?
were you having any problems before you pulled the pump?

Offline jonathonar89

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 01:35:44 AM »
Just make sure the pump arm is installed correctly and it should get fuel after a bit of cranking.  I have some good used pumps if you're near Chicago but new ones are cheap.

Offline snake713

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:29:27 AM »
yes mechanical , i just disconnected steel line to carb and big rubber line to pump and left smaller hose on the pump . leak was at bolt holes and yes the arm was in place . because it can not ride over the cam . i will install new one today and see what happens . i disconnected feed line to carb. and no fuel reaching the carb . the pump worked fine , before removal , just leaked . i will have to retap holes , or drill out to bigger size and im not looking forward to that. it cranks fine and will start with gas poured in carb . , but will not stay running , due to no fuel reaching carb.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:31:15 AM by snake713 »

Offline snake713

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 01:53:29 PM »
fuel pump fixed , i guess old pump just decided to  go out after it was unbolted , got new one installed and she fired right up , thx  everyone for the suggestions . snake713