Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 690646 times)

Offline carltonflyer

Re: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #3795 on: January 01, 2017, 06:43:34 PM »
Hello, My name is Ralph and I live in Acworth, Ga. I have been restoring/converting a 74 Firebird into a 72 T/A  clone for almost 3 years, the front and rear end conversions have been completed, the car is currently being painted. My first car was a 67 GTO and I have been a Pontiac guy ever since

Offline Anderslober

« Reply #3796 on: January 08, 2017, 04:45:27 PM »
I am a brand new member of this forum. I hail from Denmark!
I just completed a purchase of a golden bird!

Offline AUSBIRD

« Reply #3797 on: January 19, 2017, 04:49:28 PM »
Hi Everyone, Newbie to the site, awesome info available and some beautiful Ponti`s. Picked up my 1981 Trans Am which I have wanted since I was a young bloke. Currently restoring, she let go a few seals after 1,200 kms of travel from Townsville down to Denilquin here in Aus. I have to say she is a tough car. Sat in a shed for 9 years only travelled around 5 to 600 kms in that time and still did a great job driving south. Will get some pics up when I get intake manifold and rocker covers back on and clean her up a bit. Cheers.

Offline way2far

« Reply #3798 on: January 26, 2017, 05:13:15 PM »
Hey everyone,

I've been a member here for awhile but never got around to posting.  Great to see an active T/A community on the 'net.

I'm in Tampa.  Have a 79 WS6 Y84. 4-speed, black on black.  58k miles.

Offline Johnny ace

« Reply #3799 on: January 27, 2017, 04:07:41 PM »
Hello,all.I just joined today.I currently have a completely restored  1965 Grand Prix.I owned a 67 Firebird and a 76 Esprit.I am starting the search for a 76-79 TA.Wish me luck
I live in Hamilton,Ohio.

Offline joeno49

« Reply #3800 on: February 08, 2017, 06:07:40 PM »
Hello everyone!

I just purchased a 79 Trans Am from South Carolina.  I'm currently stationed at Fort Gordon, GA, but am from Minnesota.  It is hard to find F Bodies (or really anything) that's not already fully restored and stupid expensive or pretty much rusted out up north.  Has 79K original miles, numbers matching engine (6.6L BBL 403) and rebuilt automatic transmission.  Has been repainted satin black and obviously not original wheels though they are new.  Excited for this project; engine is strong and shifts smooth.  Mostly needs electrical work and TLC.  Excited for my first ever project!  This is definitely the place it seems for helpful knowledge!  Glad to join!

Offline SCRAMBER89

« Reply #3801 on: February 09, 2017, 03:27:13 PM »
THOMSON,GA

Offline MDC

« Reply #3802 on: February 16, 2017, 01:21:29 PM »
Hello all. This is Michael in the Dallas Fort Worth area.  I found my “unicorn” this week (1971 Trans Am “HO” 4-speed / Air / deluxe interior). It is a ALL numbers matching and correct from Carb to rear end. Found it down here in Texas in a very dusty old building (or, BARN as most people like to say) that was home to it, as well as two 1969 Z-28’s and a LT-1 Corvette. Hoping to return to this tasty little nest and pluck a few more cars should the owner ever agree to it – right now the answer is no. I am a long time TA guy that was lucky enough to own various 1970 to 1973 AT’s including my much missed 1973 “SD”. I have also had some later cars but seem to always gravitate back to the early cars. The ’71 4-spd AC, deluxe car was the one I wanted to grow old with, but until a few days ago I just could not find one with the "body integrity" I wanted. After getting it home and washing it down I realized just how nice this car is - ALL original body including floors.  Just goes to show you there are still a few treasures stashed away out there.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 01:30:39 PM by MDC »

Offline 7779TransAm

« Reply #3803 on: February 16, 2017, 02:47:01 PM »
 Hi - just joined the forum.  I've known about it for some time but sort of got away from Trans Am's in recent years and just never got around to joining here.  I used to post frequently on TransAmCountry.com when that forum was up and running.   I went under Zorro455 there I think.   I see a few names here that participated back then.  :)   I'm in Alabama and have both a 77 and 79 Trans Am along with a 73 Grand Am.   The two TA's were my daily drivers from 1984 till around 2005 so I am familiar with the mechanics of these cars as I did all my own repairs.  When it comes to full restorations and tiny details, I'm not so good.  :)   

Well, I look forward to once again reading and swapping stories/experiences with fellow Pontiac nuts again!

Offline Daysaroonie

« Reply #3804 on: March 09, 2017, 03:26:25 PM »
Hello everyone!  Just joined the forum.  My name is Jamie and I live Brainerd, Mn.  Purchased a 78 Trans Am at a Mecum auction last year and just starting to get around to restoring it.  Its a mess!  Any way it is a W72-6.6 litre t/a(400) 4bbl V8 with auto transmission.  Nothing I can find out on WS6 or SE that I can find.  It is numbers matching.  It has a cool mis stamp (same#'s)on the block like a rare coin.  It was shipped to Bill McDavid Pontiac dealership Jan. 9th, 1978.

Being its not a SE, trying to decide on the true decals for it.  It is starlight black, 19L19U19B1 interior codes, C60-factory air,
K30-cruise control, Y90-custom trim group-velour, A31-pw, AU3-power locks,BS1-additional acoustical insulation,WW7-Hood decal, YJ8-cast aluminum wheels,N33-steering wheel tilt,etc.

Btw, this is a great site for the information, Thanks!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:19:56 PM by Daysaroonie »

Offline STEVE MORIARTY

« Reply #3805 on: March 16, 2017, 04:08:56 PM »
Hi There.  Am from POMONA, CA   Have a 1973 BREWSTER GREEN TRANS AM.  If any one was at CLASSIC AUTO SHOW at the LA Convention Center at the end of JAN the car was on display there.  The car is stock except for a 2 stage paint job.
A little about myself -  Am 65 years old & still working as an actor.  Am presently on break from the CBS show TWO BROKE GIRLS where I play the short order cook, just finishing our 6th season.  About 600 years ago I played OFFICER PETE in the movie MCQ with JOHN WAYNE.  We had two BREWSTER GREEN TAs in that movie.  On several occasions I got to drive one of the cars after filming was done for the day & DUKE went along for the ride with me & we just BSed about family, movies & stuff.  Great memory & a neat guy.

Offline SelfishCaesar

« Reply #3806 on: March 19, 2017, 10:55:57 AM »
Hey everyone just saying hello to everyone as a new member to the forum. I don't actually own a TA yet, but I'm actively shopping for one right now and have been lurking here for a while trying to educate myself. Looking forward to contributing myself once I park a TA in my garage! 

I'm currently in Toronto, Canada but tend to bounce between here and Montreal, Quebec during the summer months.

Offline 1981Y84TA

« Reply #3807 on: May 12, 2017, 07:47:24 AM »
Hi  I am from East Haven,CT and currently working on a 1981 Trans Am SE, my 3rd TA I have owned since 1984 all were SE's with the BW T10, something about shifting that I just enjoy.I also owned a 67 Firebird ragtop (convertible) with a 326 she was sweet but not as fun as a TA to drive. All my TA had and have T-Tops, the latest is the first without the black interior.
I am thinking of converting it to a black interior from the Tan it has. out of the 4 cars this is a totally numbers matching car, but she is not worth as much as an older second edition.
The pic is what condition she was in before the tear down, I found her in a backyard in Egg Harbor,NJ she had been there for 10 yrs and was a mess. I rescued her.
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w496/raguza123/th__57_zpsludhqwey.jpg
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:51:26 AM by 1981Y84TA »

Offline Meddlingkid

« Reply #3808 on: May 18, 2017, 05:16:17 PM »
New member - been here a while but recently got my black '78 T/A and wanted to say hi - located in Sugar Hill, GA!

Offline Dragrcr1

« Reply #3809 on: May 19, 2017, 03:46:54 AM »
Hello, new member here.  My name is C.J. located in Wichita Ks. Our car is a 1980 y84 ws6, the car originally was a 305, however 305 is long gone but we're rebuilding 350 that came with it. A close family friend gave my wife and I the car, After she drooled over it for years of course. It has had a repaint to orange, hey "orange is the new black" some may say. Lol, We are going to try and return it to black, just doesn't seem right the way it is. We decided this after finding out its a y84. First priority is to get it back together so it can be enjoyed again. We have had a few pontiacs over the years, I also own a 1980 malibu, and a 1979 cutlass bracket car, which I am also currently working on. I enjoy bracket racing, fishing and of course turning wrenches. Glad to join other pontiac enthusiasts on this great site!