Author Topic: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!  (Read 692026 times)

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
Re: Where are you from? Introduce yourself!
« Reply #1260 on: January 26, 2008, 09:25:46 AM »
Welcome Clint and rentedmule, welcome to the 78ta family.  Pull up a chair and grab a mug of coffee or a beer, your welcome at our table.  Clint, pull out the wallet and let's see some pics of your baby and rentedmule, we'll keep a look out for cars for sale.  A lot of folks around here post up e-bay, craigslist and other sites where cars are being sold.  It's a good place of knowledge whether your buying, selling, restoring or just lookin for a good time.

Watch out for Hammer, 76ws6resto, SirLDragon and Hitman, these guys are "know-it-alls"  :o when it comes to these cars   ;D   Seriously, they are great friends and a credit to the hobby, among others on this site.
Rich

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
« Reply #1261 on: January 26, 2008, 02:15:24 PM »
New to the site.  My name is Clint Lee.  I live in Wichita Falls Texas.  I have had my 81 T/A SE since 1982.  I am the second owner of it and have had it stored in a shop building since 1989.  I have decided to redo the car because I was given the ultimatum of either  fixing it up or sell it.  Can't loose the car so I'm beginning the process.  May ask lots of questions here.  Sorry in advance.

Hey Clint, welcome to the forum.  I think that is so cool that you have managed to hold on to your car for so many years.  I wish I had been able to do the same.  And hey, no apologies needed......I don't know a whole lot either but that's what forums like this are for......making new friends and learning something about the cars we love!!  I believe there is a few people on the board who are in Texas, so I'm sure you will find help with your baby!!

another noob here from Edmonton.  I've wanted a 77-81 T/A since I came out of the womb...  I think I'm finally in a position to get one so I thought I'd lurk around here and absorb some info from you wonderful people!  I'm hoping to find a project car in the next few months if all goes well.  cheers!

Hi there rentedmule and welcome to the forum too.......there are lots of Canucks on board so you're in familiar terrority.  Good luck with finding a Trans Am but don't forget, Formulas are great cars too!!
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline Mayan78

« Reply #1262 on: January 26, 2008, 08:41:17 PM »
Hey rentedmule. Welcome from a fellow western Canuck. I just got my T/A a few weeks ago and have picked up a TON (or TONNE in Canadian) of info on this site already. Good luck in your search. Here's hoping for a quick thaw too!

Offline rentedmule

• I'll need a speedy car... speedier than that
« Reply #1263 on: January 26, 2008, 10:14:34 PM »
thanks for all the welcomes everyone!  i've already spent hours reading threads and soaking up lots of info.  I may check out an '81 turbo this week, I've got a thing for forced induction  8) 

I'm all-ears if anyone knows of a good deal.  I'm looking to spend less than $3000 if I can, this will definately be a project car that I'm hoping to do some hands on learning with.  numbers matching and origonality are not critical to me.  if I happen on a good origonal car I'll try to keep it that way but I'm really looking for a driver.
1980 Turbo T/A - WS6, 70k kms, montreaux maroon/carmine

'03 GMC Sonoma, blown + meth-injected 4.3V6

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1264 on: January 27, 2008, 04:22:58 PM »
Wow -- out of town for a mere 2 days and look at all the newcomers!  Welcome to 78TA.com! :) :)

Offline bowtiesandbirds

« Reply #1265 on: February 03, 2008, 09:54:51 AM »
Hello,

I am currently living in Pensacola FL. but will be moving to San Antonio, TX in June.

I am helping my girlfriend fix up her '79 SE. She had one before ( a rust free Nevada car ) but got hit by a drunk driver.
Bye Bye TA. Sold that car and kept a some parts needed for the new car including the 60's Corvette 327 that had been put in it.

The SE has a Pontiac 455 built with a 4-spd. should be fun.

I have a 1955 Chevy 210 with a 355.

I have some pics up in the gallery if anyone is interested.

The forum has already been very helpful. Keep up the good work!
Tim

1979 Trans Am SE, 455 4spd.

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #1266 on: February 03, 2008, 10:03:04 AM »
Welcome, Tim. Your already ahead of the curve, with posting pics somewhere.
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible

Offline bobspacin80ta

« Reply #1267 on: February 03, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »
Welcome to the nut house.
'80 T/A Indy pace car
'78 Grand Prix
'78 Grand Prix

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1268 on: February 03, 2008, 10:14:58 AM »
Welcome to 78ta Tim, glad to have you aboard. That TA is certainly a good project car.  Nice Chevy too!
Rich

Offline Joker (§ir£Ğragon)

• Lifetime Member
  • When you think it can't get any worse...God laughs
« Reply #1269 on: February 03, 2008, 12:24:42 PM »
Hello,

I am currently living in Pensacola FL. but will be moving to San Antonio, TX in June.

I am helping my girlfriend fix up her '79 SE. She had one before ( a rust free Nevada car ) but got hit by a drunk driver.
Bye Bye TA. Sold that car and kept a some parts needed for the new car including the 60's Corvette 327 that had been put in it.

The SE has a Pontiac 455 built with a 4-spd. should be fun.

I have a 1955 Chevy 210 with a 355.

I have some pics up in the gallery if anyone is interested.

The forum has already been very helpful. Keep up the good work!

Welcome to 78TA! Nice projects! I used to live in SA. (a loooong time ago. lol) Good place to find 'birds.
Larry

Offline ejfudd

• 1978 Trans Am, my first car
« Reply #1270 on: February 03, 2008, 01:47:27 PM »
Hi all, Figured I would give a few details as well.  I am Gerald Wills from Warren, Ohio, now residing in Howell, Michigan.  I purchased the 1978 Trans Am in Champion Ohio in 1983 after my father allowed selling of my deceased mothers car for payment, supplimented by the high salary of a grocery bagger - a job that built lots of character - as I was attending Younstown State University for an EE degree.  I am 43 years old and married with 3 tennage children 13,16, and 18.  The 16 year old boy is waiting for this Trans am, He's gonna wait a long, long time, but we agreed to find one and work with it for him.  I have owned another 1978, 1984, and a 1979.  THe 79 was a blast as it was a daily driver with a 403 and T Tops.  I had to move on, so it went rather than the 78 I still have due to best condition, but I miss the T roof.

For the past 10 years the car was seldom driven.  It always started and ran, but things of an older car started happening, such as more leaks, engine performance problems due to items such as valve springs being weak, and distributor weight freezing in place due to loose shaft, and lots of little stuff that just happens when a car sits.  Luckily, the body has never really been a problem, and it is in excellent shape.

I finally repaired all items, and inspected everything last Winter, and now its fun again with all issues solved!  I am excited to join in with this forum, and read the items, remebering all the little issues I and my friends had in the past with our 'birds.

Other interests?  Like electrical projects at times, and got into sportbikes, which has lead me into a path of touring on a cycle in other states.  I own 2 bikes and find there easier to store!  My CBR 1000 motorcycle has 160 rear wheel horsepower, and weighs around 400 lbs.  While I like the big block of my bird (462 installed, 400 in storage), I would never tweak the crap out of it to sacrifice driveability, as the car is more enjoyable to me with the power it has, not at the mills peak.  I can use the bike for the rush needed, and keep the 'bird reliable, and just plain enjoyable to tool around in.

Someday, I see myself with another 1979, and yes, although a Poncho man, that 403 was sure smooth.  I probably wouldn't turn down a Grandville convertible either, nor a GTO.

Offline w72transamowner

• Tidewater Trans Am Club (www.ttac.net)
« Reply #1271 on: February 03, 2008, 02:00:17 PM »
Nice to hear from you Gerald and thanks for posting that great read!!  Maybe will get to see you at that Great Lakes Firebird Gathering down in Dundee in June.
1978 Trans Am WS6/W72, Auto (purchased Sep 00)

http://www.motortopia.com/garage/cars/carfanatic1

Offline rkellerjr

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1272 on: February 03, 2008, 02:05:44 PM »
Welcome Gerald!
Rich

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #1273 on: February 03, 2008, 02:40:37 PM »
Welcome guys!  Glad to "meet" both of you and look forward to hearing more about you and your cars! :) :)

Offline LOMILETA

• Global Moderator
  • Adv. Member
« Reply #1274 on: February 03, 2008, 05:40:35 PM »
Welcome Gerald, neat story
1978 TA-462 ci Buick (just sold)
1980 Turbo Formula
1995 Grand Prix
2002 TA convertible