Author Topic: 1967-1981 post your pontiac t/a firebird here we want to see them in and out  (Read 44891 times)

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
Re: 1967-1981 post your pontiac t/a firebird here we want to see them in and out
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2009, 06:09:57 PM »
78 W72
I am so glad you posted . Ever since I seen that color combo you created,I fell in love with it .
I can't get over how unique it looks with our wheel color ,and the bird color's on black

thanks rainman!  i am very happy with the combo too.  if you remember i had a heck of a time deciding what decals to use when i repainted it.  they are supposed to be gold but that was just too tacky with the red interior in my opinion.  i'm glad i listened to all the people who said "it's your car, do what you want" 

i usually dont like the blue t/a's but yours is an exception,  those pics you posted are great!  the car really pops out at ya!    :o  beautifull background too! 
78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
Re: 1967-1981 post your pontiac t/a firebird here we want to see them in and out
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2009, 06:53:09 PM »
78 W72
I am so glad you posted . Ever since I seen that color combo you created,I fell in love with it .
I can't get over how unique it looks with our wheel color ,and the bird color's on black

thanks rainman!  i am very happy with the combo too.  if you remember i had a heck of a time deciding what decals to use when i repainted it.  they are supposed to be gold but that was just too tacky with the red interior in my opinion.  i'm glad i listened to all the people who said "it's your car, do what you want"  

i usually dont like the blue t/a's but yours is an exception,  those pics you posted are great!  the car really pops out at ya!    :o  beautifull background too!  

The red is what does it for me . And not having the usual gold wheels makes it very unique . It amazes me just how well that combo turned out ,and to boot its one of a kind ,not even the factory thought of that combo .
I am not a huge fan of blue either to tell you the truth .
Because I have a black interior ,all options are open for me . I was very tempted to paint mine black and do the same bird ,as copying is the best compliment .I suspect we would have the only 2 with that paint ,wheel and bird combo ,but I feel it should stay blue in order to not start a s#^* storm lol
I have lost count of how many compliments the Marty gets . Its pretty amazing how these cars went from ,hey every one and his brother has one ,to  wow what the hell is that thing !

« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 07:03:35 PM by RainMan »

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2009, 07:22:49 PM »
yeah, i'm surprised the factory didn't offer this combo either, you'd think even in the 70's black/red/silver would have been a popular combo.   they allowed some pretty ugly combos back then!   

i bought the car with the intention of painting it silver, my first t/a in high school was a silver on red 78 w72 t top t/a.  i REALLLY miss that car & absolutely love that color combo (my fav for a t/a) after tons of contenplating what to do, i decided to keep the car black since it was a low mile #'s matching car, i even bought the gold decals...but at the last minute i asked brett if i could exchange the decals for the charcoal/red ones & decided to make it a custom combo that sort of resembled my old silver t/a.  again, i am very happy with the results & like you, i lost count of the compliments i get on it. 

i would not have any problem with you doing the same color on your car, it would be different since you have black interior. if mine was black i would have went with the gold decals, it's the red interior that made me decide against the gold.   FWIW, i would keep your blue if thats the original color,  it is a nice looking combo.

also, my color combo is not unique, i have seen one or 2 others this color but not with the 8" silver snowflakes & they were alot rougher with black interior, they didn't stand out quite like mine does. 

here's a pic of my old silver t/a, one with my x girlfriend, sure do mis her......the car that is!   ;)  ;D

78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's

Offline pat

• Adv. Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2009, 07:31:46 PM »
who is she
speed kills drive a ford and live forever

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »
This was my baby,shes gone now.

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 08:24:49 PM »
Facebook // myspace ... she's out there somewhere.  Very impressive ... the car that is!  ;)

here's a pic of my old silver t/a, one with my x girlfriend, sure do mis her......the car that is!   ;)  ;D
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline ScottD3

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »
Great cars, here is one of mine. Now can I get the name and number of the girl in the pic please.

Offline 78w72

• Adv. Member
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »
who is she

she's my x, was my junior high & high school sweetheart, but then she ended up being, lets just say,  not so sweet anymore!   :'(    i had a bunch of pics with her & my t/a but i seem to have lost them over the years, that is the only one left. 

scottd3,  your t/a turned out very nice!  did you use the black seats i sold ya?   
78 w72 ws6 4 speed
81 turbo pace car
lots of other past t/a's

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »
I am in line for her phone # allso. Hey scott nice ride by the way.

Offline ScottD3

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2009, 09:17:36 PM »
Thanks guy's. I mixed and matched the seats with my originals, I think I am going to get them recovered over the winter if I can get the original material.

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2009, 09:31:20 PM »
WERE are the int pics scott.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2009, 11:15:27 PM »
also, my color combo is not unique, i have seen one or 2 others this color but not with the 8" silver snowflakes & they were alot rougher with black interior, they didn't stand out quite like mine does.   

I suspected there had to be a few other black T/A owners who put that bird on . But you are the first that I have seen with the silver wheels ,which just looks cool imo .
I agree the red interior helps also ,just adds to the color combo . If I did it ,I agrree it wouldn't quite be the same ,but I could live with it

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 11:30:29 PM »

fresh off the assembly line today lol
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline transam dave

• Adv. Member
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2009, 11:37:51 PM »
RE:y88 rick make the pic full size. I need more pics morrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.

Offline RainMan

• Lifetime Member
  • Rick
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2009, 11:39:38 PM »
Good job Rick ,that paint looks beautiful .
 Man is there anything you can't do?