Author Topic: Anyone here going to Jupiter 3/22/14?  (Read 6694 times)

Offline gilbertsta

• "Live Like You Are Dying"
Anyone here going to Jupiter 3/22/14?
« on: March 12, 2014, 05:09:54 PM »
Just checking to see if any one here is going:

SAVE THE DATE (MARCH 22)! FREE EVENT! BUBBA'S EAST COAST RODS AND CUSTOMS GRAND OPENING

MASTER DESIGNER/BUILDER BUBBA LLOYD BRINGS HIS TV SHOW TO JUPITER

On Saturday, March 22, Bubba's East Coast Rods and Customs will host the grand opening of their new facility at the Pennock Industrial Park on Indiantown Road in Jupiter from 10AM to 2PM. One of the main attractions will be the ORIGINAL 1978 Trans Am given to Burt Reynolds after filming the forever popular Smokey and the Bandit movie.

The car, which is owned by Rick Schmidt of National Parts Depot (NPD), is normally showcased in the NPD Museum in Ocala. Because of his respect and admiration for Tom and Bubba Lloyd, Schmidt is bringing the Bandit's car south to Jupiter. This is a once in a lifetime chance for Burt Reynolds fans to see the automobile that secured a place in history for the American muscle car. Also on hand will be Supermodel Layla Von Athey, who frequently brings a touch of beauty and elegance to the pages of Hot Rod Deluxe magazine.

Compliments of Rick Rodriquez and Dave Hall of the Bandit Run, the Smokey and the Bandit trailer and two police cars from the movie will also be on display. Under the direction of Mark Sharone, members of Southeast Rods and Customs Club, the Corvette Club of the Palm Beaches and the Stingray Corvette Club will show off their beautifully maintained hot rods and muscle cars.

Bringing his signature sound to the main stage will be Palm Beach County's busiest singer/guitarist bluesman Joey George. Joey has performed and/or recorded with Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Blues Traveler, Spin Doctors and John Fogarty, just to name a few. He is a regular at a number of local nightspots including B.B. Kings.

Bubba's East Coast Rods and Customs, with a second facility in Fairfax, Virginia, is well known across the country and internationally for its code of honor in dealing with customers. The company is run by the father/son team of Tom and Bubba Lloyd, the hosts of the popular tv show Hot Rod Reality. Bubba, 25, is an exceptionally talented master craftsman and designer, with a reputation for building some of the best cars in the industry. A second tv show, which will be filmed at their Jupiter facility, will soon begin airing on a major national television network.

Along with their very dedicated and capable team, Tom and Bubba build dreams for everyone from the average Joe to major celebrities. The welcome mat is always out!

For more information, contact Donna Carbone at (561) 385-1584. This event is free to public and, especially, to all Burt Reynolds friends and fans. Bubba's East Coast Rods and Customs is located at: 506 Commerce Way, Jupiter, Florida.

~Trans ams rule....others drool~

Offline Flounder55

Re: Anyone here going to Jupiter 3/22/14?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 11:13:57 AM »
That does sound like fun!

Offline gilbertsta

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 11:43:25 AM »
so are you going??

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 12:04:56 PM »
I think I will. It's about a 4 hour drive from Jax. Just got new drilled and slotted rotors on the TA so I think she is ready for a road trip.

Offline gilbertsta

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 02:06:12 PM »
great! hope to meet you there! i will be there with my brother who is coming.down from michigan.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2014, 02:22:01 PM »
Great! I have an 78 SE clone with a 79 five feather bird on the hood. Black with camel interior.

George

Offline gilbertsta

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 05:25:49 PM »
Ok George, I will be looking for it! ( not sure yet if I am going to drive mine, I have to work, so I will be running around a lot)
-John

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 08:39:35 AM »
got an issue with my fuel pump "whinning" when the car gets hot but I'm still gonna try to make it to Jupiter. I've put a heat shield on the pump and some of the lines but it still persists.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2014, 06:26:17 PM »
It was great to meet you Gilbert. I did not stay because of my fuel pump issue but I made it home. Thanks for taking this picture too!

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2014, 06:27:28 PM »
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 06:45:04 PM by Flounder55 »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2014, 06:45:31 PM »
I give up!

Offline gilbertsta

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2014, 10:34:56 PM »
Hey it was great to meet you too George... you have an awesome car.. Glad you made it home. I will get the info from my brother as soon as he can remember....haha.   
I can't see your pics but I hope they turned out for you...

Offline solargold

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 12:33:39 PM »
I would have been there but was on call at work (and nothing happened). Many of my friends went, the Snowman rig and Buford car belong to friends.
L8R G8R

Offline gilbertsta

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »
that would.of been cool if you went...
flounder drove 4hrs to get to the show!  i think hes ready for.the bandit.run as soon as he fixes his fuel pump over heating issue.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:11:02 PM by gilbertsta »