Author Topic: 1978 trans am - A/C Muffler Rubber Question  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Daniel78ta

1978 trans am - A/C Muffler Rubber Question
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:12:43 AM »
Hey Guys…

Does anyone know where to get a new aftermarket A/C Muffler condenser Rubber.. Its that black rubber like material.. There is also a long piece that goes on the AC lines..  Its a black padding rubber like material..

any help would be great.. Mine are a little worn - would like replace them without having to buy brand new lines..

thanks guys
Daniel78ta
Trans Am Fever!!!

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: 1978 trans am - A/C Muffler Rubber Question
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 12:35:36 AM »
Anywhere that sells rubber and sponge and seals should have something. The hose sponge tubing is easy to find, just need one that's good quality and retains it's shape. And of course if the lines are still connected then you may have to slit it down one side and use a bead of silastic, look better than zip ties. The larger muffler cover might be trickier finding a tube the same diameter, on the plus side, you could wrap it with flat sponge sheet and tape or glue the join underneath and not be seen.

Offline Daniel78ta

Re: 1978 trans am - A/C Muffler Rubber Question
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 02:50:14 PM »
Found that "large padding" for the AC - i called transamspecialties in Florida and they had a couple in stock..

As for the padding on the lines - I found some at the hardware store that should work..

Thanks for your input…
Daniel78ta
Trans Am Fever!!!