Author Topic: project car of the month  (Read 10691 times)

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
Re: project car of the month
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 11:57:50 PM »
LOL Patience young grasshoper!  That's funny!!
:P
1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Offline philv

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 11:40:39 AM »
I guess I'll have to wait a while as for I'm a noobie and in a few months my baby will be on a rotisserie.  my goal is to be driving her by march 1st, 2011.lol
1977 S/E T/A 400/auto, y82 w72- parted out
1980 Y85 T/A 400/auto -also parted out
1994 gmc sierra xcss. 4"lift on 33's. yes its 2wd.lol

Offline brian c

• Lifetime Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member
    • Y88 Resto
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 12:23:12 PM »
But do they know what a padawon learner is???

"patience young padawon, your time will come"

Well if someone hasn't seen Star Wars.....they need to rent it! Another classic movie from the 70's! ;D

1978 Y88, '70 455 HO block bored 0.060, TH350, 3.42:1 gears...Oct '08 Fbodywarehouse Calendar - Woot!
1980 Firebird - no engine/tranny... to be pacecar clone

Offline Mongo

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • THREES A CHARM
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 03:48:34 PM »
Did they use that term in the original  movie?
"What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law."

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 09:12:45 PM »
never been a star wars fan never in my life. i only know of R2D2
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline eroc022

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2010, 06:18:50 PM »
Ditto, and that is why I like Hitman's car of the month, it is more than just a pretty car that gets nominated.  I was taken aback when I was nominated, let alone being the first to be nominated for the "award".

haha thats if he gets back to doing them, right now its month 3 and weve only had 1 ?

It was a very well deserved Spotlight too Rich!  You're car was the very first and I remember it too.  The thing that impressed the Hitman the most, as Hitman talked it over with me before he posted your Spotlight, was you did MOST of the work yourself.  Plus you are one of the nicest people on the planet! 

The Hitman takes a lot of things into consideration when he works up a Spotlight.  He does asks his moderators for their opinions as well.  He's a good man. 

I believe the Hitman will keep his Spotlight to whatever he feels to Spotlight.  He's Spotlighted a few project cars in the past but it wouldn't be such as honorable if he did more than one a month.  I am pretty certain 12 Spotlights a year is all the Hitman plans to do each year.  But I'll let him chime in on that one.   
Eroc
Fixing the car that Restore A Muscle Car jacked up....

Offline 4SPEED

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Lifetime Member
  • NFTAC & POCI Member
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2010, 02:41:25 PM »
could just start a thread in the TRANS AM PICS  section .  (call it under construction)  ask Hitman to pin it to the top of the page.
do a short paragraph on your build and just add 1 or 2 pics. to it.  I say up to 2 pics because you probably already have a thead in the Restoration Projects section.   in your paragraph on your build, you can add a link to your tread there.
as long as it doesn't get cluttered with chit chat it could be a good way to reference someones build even after it been done and buried in the thread pages.  any questions needing posted can be done in the build thread. or in a PM.

good idea ? yes no maybe?   
77 W72 TransAM  (SOLD)
79 TransAM 4SPEED

Offline Sir english firebird

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Adv. Member
  • Ohio Firebirds Member. proud to be
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2010, 04:07:17 PM »
Well i count myself very lucky to be picked, like its stated in the write up that Hitman did , its about the Car and the Owner, which makes me wonder even more how the blazes mine got picked !

As the forum grows the descion is surely going to get harder, there really is some truly stunning cars here, finished and un finished and many great people.

To me, this really forum has been a great source of information and also freindship.

And lastly just to rub it in, heres my spotlight........

The car since then has been painted twice and undergone a major makeover...

Power is nothing without Control.

Steve, :-)
1979 Trans am.

( no point in adding what else i keep changing them ! )

Offline Rick

• Global Moderator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2010, 11:26:48 PM »
could just start a thread in the TRANS AM PICS  section .  (call it under construction)  ask Hitman to pin it to the top of the page.
do a short paragraph on your build and just add 1 or 2 pics. to it. 

No, the thing to do is to post a link to your restoration thread.  The "main" thread with all the links to the individual project threads could be stickied.  That would provide a central routing to each thread, and comments would be posted in the individual threads.  The stickied topic would only contain posts with llinks -- no discussions allowed, so it wouldn't get cluttered up with comments about individual projects.

That's the clean way to do it, if that's what gets decided.

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 10:27:46 AM »
I think things are fine as is. remember guys he picked t/a tommy's car last year and that was all torn down to nothing at that time and im sure its still that way.
one day it will be your turn just got to wait. it may be 10 years from now.
there are plenty of spotlight worthy people and cars just got to wait for the man up above to deside it is right for you.
some have had to wait 8 years for that spot. lets not get overbearring with things and just let these guys have their 1 month of fame one person at a time.
Too many birds, not enough food.