Author Topic: Build a Bandit  (Read 397680 times)

Offline Seaglass

Re: Build a Bandit
« Reply #1545 on: March 12, 2014, 02:14:06 PM »
Thanks flounder. Maybe no news is good news??

Offline kjkjkcjkcj

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #1546 on: March 12, 2014, 07:11:24 PM »
Not until he is caught would no news be good news!
-1979 Trans Am Ws6, W72 400, holley 650, #62 heads (toy)
-Silverado 1500 (daily driver)

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1547 on: March 16, 2014, 10:15:51 PM »
You mean you haven't gotten your nice fat check, Seaglass?  I know I'm still holding my breath for mine. 

No news here.  I asked the NC AG's office if they're planning on bringing anything against Erica and the rest of the thieves.  I've also asked if they plan to hold the credit union in any way responsible.  Around 2011, Someone who happens to be a head of a security office in financial crime risk management at a bank told the credit union that these people were thieves and something to the effect of them being responsible in some way if they continued to do business with them.  Obviously the credit union did to the tune of over $2.2 million.  It's been over a month and of course the NC AG's office isn't responding.  I've also asked the FBI for any kind of response with no results.  The ineptness or willingness to look the other way of so many groups of people is such a sickening eye opener for me. Why do we pay taxes again?  It sure as hell isn't for them to protect us in any way or even go after the criminals years after the fact.

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1548 on: March 17, 2014, 11:22:30 AM »
I just got off the phone with Rosemary at the NC AG's office.  They do not hold banks accountable, she has no idea if anybody does and she sure as hell (my words, not hers) wasn't about to look into it.  The NC AG's office will not be going after any of the other guilty because "they went after Bob and the business, so any money tied to the business has been seized.  The rest of the people involved don't have any money, so it wouldn't do any good to go after them."  When I pointed out that Bob and/ or Erica had already drained the accounts, so all (or most) of the money was already hidden, she said that at least  Bob can't do business in NC any more.  I pointed out that Erica still was operating a phone which advertised a car business at least until last August or so and she just said that that is all the NC AG is doing. 

The bottom line is pretty clear that NC caters to criminals.  Ugh - these people suck.

Offline hada76

• Adv. Member
  • '79 WS6 W72 M21
« Reply #1549 on: March 17, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »
it is unfortunate that fraud is so far down the list of "important" crimes. guess that's why CC fraud is so common.
'76 T/A 455 4sp   sold
'78 T/A Y88 auto  sold
'79 T/A WS6 4sp
'70 Z/28 4sp

jeff

Offline Seaglass

« Reply #1550 on: March 17, 2014, 02:07:26 PM »
No, TA Widow I am holding my breath as much as everyone else is. It's just too bad that "yes" crime does pay but not Bob or the banks in NC, or the AG office or anyone else for that matter that is involved. Have you tried calling the court house? If your name is on the document then they should be able to give you information, ask for the "clerk of courts". I did speak with Susan Davis but heard nothing I didn't already know but she did say that if all goes well a "claim form" will be emailed to all of us to fill out. So I guess we wait. :-\

Offline Vipermann

« Reply #1551 on: April 04, 2014, 12:18:38 AM »
Hi All. Thanks to a thoughtful heads-up from a fellow member a couple of months ago, I too am waiting for my 'claim form'…

Since what's left of my destroyed '76 TA is still sitting in project/maybe status, had to go scratch my classic car itch with one of these: 

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:31:12 AM by Vipermann »

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1552 on: April 04, 2014, 03:08:14 AM »
That looks nice viperman!  So what are you gonna do with what's left of the 76? It's still at Dennis's.....right?

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1553 on: April 18, 2014, 11:59:13 AM »
Just for my own edification.....Has ANYONE received a claim form via email,snail mail...etc ?

Offline Seaglass

« Reply #1554 on: April 30, 2014, 05:05:32 PM »
Nothing here as of yet Flounder :(

Offline tawidow

« Reply #1555 on: May 15, 2014, 09:53:09 PM »
Big shocker - The Attorney General's office actually responded to a question!!!
Not a big shocker - all the authorities dragged their feet so much that there was only a few thousand left in the accounts.  I'd heard before that they were trying to track where the money went.  Since they refuse to prosecute the rest of the guilty party, how likely are they to look into Erica's bank accounts?  Don't hold your breath for a dime of what's owed.  The AG's office didn't bother to give an estimate of when they'll divvy the money up.

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1556 on: May 16, 2014, 09:42:57 AM »
Well at least you got a response.

Offline Seaglass

« Reply #1557 on: May 18, 2014, 08:37:19 AM »
Gee, how disappointing. You would think that they would have all their s#^* together since the almost great news in February. Typical that's all I can say.  :(

Offline Seaglass

« Reply #1558 on: June 25, 2014, 06:52:57 PM »
it's rather quiet here, has anyone heard anything??

Offline Flounder55

« Reply #1559 on: July 10, 2014, 07:34:36 AM »
Nothing on this end.