Author Topic: NO PART and NO REFUND  (Read 29739 times)

Offline joe d

• Adv. Member
Re: NO PART and NO REFUND
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 06:39:45 AM »
my .02 the bar was bent before he shipped it and ups said sorry about your bad luck, my .10 send him an email and simply say, "when am i getting my money" when no response take the next step. have you contacted ebay?
1979 ws6 trans am (current project)
2005 mercedes s55
2001 dodge durango
1980 SE trans am (new current project)
1971 Monte Carlo
the 5 p's "perfect planning prevents poor performance"

Offline dewcrazzy

• Ohio Firebirds
  • Bob
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 07:50:53 AM »
WOW are you gonna Out them?!
Man, this guy is a power seller on e-bay and told me over a month ago he was sending me a check for the $ I paid and nothing since. I have sent him countless e-mails just asking what has happened and even what the status of the UPS claim was......no response. My guess is that he didn't insure the part for enough, UPS isn't paying and therefore, he isn't paying me or better yet, he has the UPS money AND my money and he's too far away for me to do a thing about it. He's a member on here. In my younger years, I would have hopped on a plane to knock on a door.
even if he didn't buy insurance, ups automatically insures for $100

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 09:36:36 AM »
my .02 the bar was bent before he shipped it and ups said sorry about your bad luck, my .10 send him an email and simply say, "when am i getting my money" when no response take the next step. have you contacted ebay?

The transaction was completed on here, not ebay. He just wanted me to know he that he was a powerseller on ebay and didnt screw people. I sent him a cashiers check for the first $200, then after he wanted another $75 to cover part of the shipping, I sent via PayPal to speed up the process.

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »
WOW are you gonna Out them?!
Man, this guy is a power seller on e-bay and told me over a month ago he was sending me a check for the $ I paid and nothing since. I have sent him countless e-mails just asking what has happened and even what the status of the UPS claim was......no response. My guess is that he didn't insure the part for enough, UPS isn't paying and therefore, he isn't paying me or better yet, he has the UPS money AND my money and he's too far away for me to do a thing about it. He's a member on here. In my younger years, I would have hopped on a plane to knock on a door.
even if he didn't buy insurance, ups automatically insures for $100

He claims he purchased insurance for $200. He probably has that $200, the $145 that cost to ship it AND my $275 by now, not to mention the roll bar.

Offline joe d

• Adv. Member
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »
contact paypal and they will most likely give you your $75 and by the way he is not a power seller, he does have 722 and 100% positive, i sent him an email with an offer he shouldnt refuse
1979 ws6 trans am (current project)
2005 mercedes s55
2001 dodge durango
1980 SE trans am (new current project)
1971 Monte Carlo
the 5 p's "perfect planning prevents poor performance"

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 10:32:58 AM »
contact paypal and they will most likely give you your $75 and by the way he is not a power seller, he does have 722 and 100% positive, i sent him an email with an offer he shouldnt refuse

I will contact paypal, thanks. I'm not even sure what a power seller is, he just said he was and since he had so many transactions and 100% rating, I figured he knew what he was talking about.

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 12:12:17 PM »
i sent him an email with an offer he shouldnt refuse
Sweet are you Big Joe From the OLD Country?! ;D  I could really use you here in AZ I have a guy who took me for $200 and I know Flounder could Use your "Services" :')

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2012, 01:09:24 PM »
i sent him an email with an offer he shouldnt refuse

Well, I contacted Paypal and filed a claim through them as well. Lisa's name is on their Paypal account. We'll see what happens.

Offline HOMER

• Adv. Member
  • Brown Bandit lol
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2012, 03:27:40 PM »
i have delt with brian a few time in person very nice guy ,i would bet he will make it right , i bought a rearend off of him that turned out to need rebuilt told me to keep the rear and refunded my money, took a little while but i got it back
She's a Winner

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2012, 10:09:42 PM »
That's what is so strange about this whole transaction. The communication between he and I was pretty good and coming to an agreement on the shipping and the price of the roll bar went fine......then after the bar was bent, and he said he was going to send me my money back, nothing for 6 weeks. I was so confident I was getting my money back, I had already talked to another person that had a roll bar for sale and told him for two weeks I was going to pick it up. He eventually sold it because he said he couldn't wait any longer on me to pay for it

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 02:24:35 AM »
BTW Bama there is a guy Local with one I will see if I can find the info if you still need one?

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 11:02:55 AM »
BTW Bama there is a guy Local with one I will see if I can find the info if you still need one?

Yes, just let me know if he still has it. Someone mentioned to me the other day that Greyhound shipping would have been cheaper and probably more reliable. I don't know if there is a Greyhound bus station around him but we do have one downtown Bham. That might be an option.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:16:15 AM by BAMA TA »

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2012, 11:04:48 AM »
By the way, how do you post a pic in a comment? I have a good one of the bent roll bar.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 11:17:25 AM by BAMA TA »

Offline oldskoolubr

• Adv. Member
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 12:18:06 PM »
I use photobucket send the photo there then just click on the lowest sidebar that says image and paste under your comment.

Offline BAMA TA

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »

I kept it wrapped because Brian asked me to after he I told him it arrived bent, but you can still see how bad the kink was. It was at the very top of the loop in the corner and the tube was fully pinched together.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 06:17:01 PM by BAMA TA »