Author Topic: My Build Thread  (Read 6655 times)

Offline ShakerBreaker

• Adv. Member
  • All Hail Phil Anselmo
Re: My interior - 70% done!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »
looks great.  Seriously---- nice and clean. Looks inviting.
-check out DOWN-NOLA.com

Offline BONES

• Ohio Firebirds
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 09:15:40 PM »
Nice work Trevon.  Beautiful job so far.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Offline Trevon

• That's not leaking oil, it's marking its territory
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 07:42:45 AM »
Thanks!  Hopefully can use this next paycheck for door panels and the doors' weatherstripping.  May have to wait a couple of weeks, got bills to pay...  Doing these "bigger" changes just makes me want to keep going; I have to look at the interior most, and now I'm starting to enjoy it much more!

USAF Crew Chief

Offline Kevin

• Adv. Member
  • Kevin
    • www.78ta.com
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2011, 03:53:45 PM »
The seats are sick. I want some whenever I get some extra money this summer. Are you going to do an over the shoulder harness set up at all? Schroth makes a really nice setup that works with our cars perfectly..
1978 Pontiac Firebird Formula

Offline Trevon

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2011, 10:54:35 PM »
I thought about it, and was looking into that bout I doubt it now.  It may be cause I had trouble finding the correct ones or I found the seat belts that use the rear anchors; I know the rear seats not real big, and probably won't be used much, but I still want the option to use it.

If the price is right, however, I'd still consider doing it.  After redoing the seats I did notice I'd like to at least get black seatbelts instead of these navy blue ones.

One last thing, I do like the "raciness" of the harness, but do they ever get annoying?

USAF Crew Chief

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 11:14:38 PM »
nice touch, how much did the seats set you back?
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline Trevon

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 11:27:53 PM »
The fronts were about $320 a piece, and I had to get the mounting bracket for them which was low $100 something for both.  There was no way to avoid it though, my seat frames were beyond the amount of work I had the resources and time to put into and the foams were decent (but they are sold now) so I spent a little more than I would have if I just bought the frames foams and covers and I think they were definitely worth it.

And the rear was in pretty good shape so I just ordered a rear seat covers from Hitman here for $119 and they went together great.

USAF Crew Chief

Offline SoonerTA

• Adv. Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 05:33:28 PM »
Your interior is looking Great!  Like everyone has said above, the front seats look great.

Offline Trevon

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2011, 02:33:00 AM »
Does anyone have any pictures of the inside of the door without the door panel on?

You may have noticed from the pictures that these new front seats are set a couple inches higher than the stock seats...the reason I'm asking is I would like to see how the arm rest is mounted.  Right now its pretty low compared to the seat and if I could, I would like to put in the earlier style strap door pull with the standard door panels.

Is this possible? Or am I better off just dyeing my current arm rests black and reusing them?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:35:47 AM by Trevon »

USAF Crew Chief

Offline golfswithglock

• Put that hammer down and give it hell
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2011, 12:44:18 PM »
Those jet black seats look bad a**, Trevon. Good work!
RAIDER NATION

Offline Trevon

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2011, 02:26:21 AM »
Thanks!  When It all gets to be black, it should look even better!

I never thought I would spend so much on my interior...and then I started changing things.  Now in an effort to save money, as I've stated before, I am going to paint/dye the rest of the interior trim...this got me thinking; is there any product I can use to dye the entire headliner black?

I am just about ready to purchase standard black door panels from here to finish the lower interior, but if I had to get both door panels and a new headliner, that sets me back another $500!  I don't want to be cheap about it, but I have been putting quite a lot into my interior (more that I ever expected...) and would like to save some money on this, the last 2 items, that are costly...

Edit: I've decided against an attempt on dyeing the headliner and will spend the money for a new one.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:02:53 AM by Trevon »

USAF Crew Chief

Offline xmoney

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2011, 11:26:08 PM »
Very Nice indeed I really like those seats . are they comfy? I'm looking for a set on another car of mine.
1979 WS4 4 speed TA, 1981 Camaro, 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1978 Z28, 1980 Z28 TTop,1979 Z28 Parts car, 1981 Camaro Parts car . Just got another 1980 Z28!, 1992 FXDC Harley Custom, 1970 BSA Lightning Bobber, 1982 KZ750 Race bike

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2011, 07:30:38 AM »
Is this what you were looking for? It's from the instruction RENOVATIONS gave me for adjusting my windows.

Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline Trevon

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2011, 10:01:08 AM »
Thanks Justin, thats exactly what I was looking for!  Still is a little hard to picture where the arm rest goes though.

Thanks xmoney, I think they are very comfy, only have maybe an hour two sitting in them, so they need a little wearing in; they hug you in really good.  I couldn't be happier with these seats and even though they were a bit expensive, I think they were worth it.  Definitely would recommend them to a friend.  Just remember to get the bracket with them! (or have the means to make one)

USAF Crew Chief

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2011, 10:05:04 AM »
The arm rest screws into one of the little holes above the "7" (I believe it is the top one of the two)and over on the right side of the "1" near the large cut out. Then there is another screw for the handle on the arm rest that screws in on the right side of the door latch(left side on the other door. They are just little holes for srews.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:06:50 AM by Justin »
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403