Author Topic: how to install the splitter exhaust tips  (Read 4562 times)

Offline jose

how to install the splitter exhaust tips
« on: February 10, 2020, 07:20:18 PM »
what is the correct location for the splitter tips

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
Re: how to install the splitter exhaust tips
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 04:35:35 AM »
There's often dents on the inner trunk drop offs where they have tapped for years.

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 06:34:21 AM »
what is the correct location for the splitter tips

Such a pain to try and post pictures anymore...I emailed you a couple of pictures.
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 11:07:11 AM »
Exactly. I was going to post a few previous links to posts but pretty sure half the pics don't work as no one reposts where photobucket was used.

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 10:55:21 PM »
Starting to agree with you, Aus...it's frustrating to help/answer posts on here as they don't bother to check back for replies..or offer thanks.

The last few posts I've answered or taken time to email info to...no acknowledgment of any sort.  ::)
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Wallington

• Adv. Member
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2020, 11:26:24 PM »
I used to get a kick out of helping answer questions on here. Not because I always had the answers, or even the right answers, but often was a chance to learn things too and justified saving thousands of useless photos and measurements and info. It's not always a 5 sec reply, it can mean digging around in boxes for a part or trying top get a photo and then upload, or scanning a document once it has been actually found. It all takes time and effort.

The same can be said for old photobucket posts. I went through and started correcting many of mine, until Pbucket changed it again so started uploading to Flickr from scratch, then go through and edit old posts one pic at a time to make sure it's correct. I only have several photos of space left in that account now, there's a lot of doubled up info but is hard to separate.

As for the exhaust splitter pics, I've also saved the original pics that showed measurements and angles used, the online post is as good as useless with blurred out pics. I assume these are the same you've saved and tried to fwd on.