Author Topic: Y88 T/A For Sale on Ebay...check this one out!  (Read 4903 times)

Offline Anderson0741

• Adv. Member
  • 1979Trans Am 4 Speed
Re: Y88 T/A For Sale on Ebay...check this one out!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 05:10:32 PM »
Seems a little much

Offline Gold78Spc

• Ohio Firebirds President 2008
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 08:12:36 PM »
Makes mines sound more like a bargain now.  Am I the only one that was only able to see one pic of the car? 
78 Gold Special Edition TA
96 GMC Sierra
99 Diamondback 18 Spd
00 Ford Windstar
04 Buick Rendezvous
05 Roadmaster tricycle

Keep on Moppin' in the Free world.

Offline MARKG65

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 08:17:20 PM »
There are about 90 photos with lengthy description of the car that take a minute to load...be patient and let all the info load.

Offline Gold78Spc

• Ohio Firebirds President 2008
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 08:27:55 PM »
I waited for a few and the whole page wouldn't load.  Have a broadband connection too !!
78 Gold Special Edition TA
96 GMC Sierra
99 Diamondback 18 Spd
00 Ford Windstar
04 Buick Rendezvous
05 Roadmaster tricycle

Keep on Moppin' in the Free world.

Offline MARKG65

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2009, 09:30:37 PM »
Try it now...looks like there was a problem between the vendor software and ebay.

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 10:20:27 PM »
well at a snap of a finger, i couldnt help but notice the wheels are done incorrectly. shouldnt they be correct for that kind of cash? uh oh so is the arrow head on the nose i see red there.  still only see one picture nice car though pricey
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 07:30:20 AM by y88rick »
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline RENOVATIONS

• Administrator
  • Lifetime Member
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2009, 01:20:34 AM »
The rims being painted completely gold would be correct for a '78, depending on the build date....and the nose emblem is hard to see but appears to be a correct gold arrowhead.

Beautiful car...good luck with the sale Mark.
(I'm only getting one pic to load also)
Jeff

Projects:
1987 Fiero GT
1982 Trans Am
1986 Corvette

Offline Trans am Oz

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2009, 07:39:57 AM »
Nice car but over the top in price

Now if it was a 4 speed and a lot lower price i would be interested ;D

Good luck with the sale

Offline Nick623

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 12:21:49 PM »
It does look like a gold arrowhead emblem but the shade they used for the gold can be mistaken for red at this angle. On Y88's the wheels came solid gold so it's correct.

I say wow, it's one NICE Y88, do you think you would be able to pick up a Y88 and send it off to be restored to this caliber for $42,500? No. It will cost more to restore it so for someone with no patience in having their car restored, this is the one to have.

I can't see more than one pic so I don't know what it looks like on the underside, if it looks something that was a frame off then it's well worth it in my opnion

Offline Justin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »
really nice car. I would be affraid of taking it out on the road.
Justin
1978 Trans Am W72
1978 Trans Am W72 WS6 Marty
1979 Trans Am WS6 403

Offline jphillips3333

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »
That's where I am - the insurance is only for shows or special events.  I can't drive the '79s to work.  Need to look for different coverage.

really nice car. I would be affraid of taking it out on the road.
John

1 of 1107                     1 of 37,015                    1 of 1817

Offline MARKG65

Updated link on the Y88
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »
Here's an updated link on the Y88, the initial auction software I was using was terrible and had some photo loading issues. There are over 75 photos so if you smoke, go take a butt break and let them load, it'll be fully loaded by the time your done. I wanted a sufficient amount of photos to make sure a prospective buyer new what they were looking at.

- In regard to the nose crest - yes it's the correct gold, though the shade (at 6:00 in the morning) may be creating an optical illusion. In AZ, the summer day is just not the environment for taking pictures.

- The wheels were restored in this fashion (with a full exposed lip) only because I think it looks sharper and gives the wheel/tire more depth and character, who really cares if it's not 100% correct, it's only a minor condition that anyone can change to their liking.

- Shaker designation, I gotta say, I've never heard so much petty childish bickering over shaker decals in my life! It saddens me that a group of so called "Pontiac Enthusiasts" could take a beautiful car like this and verbally trash it because, 1. They can't afford to buy it and have profit envy issues and 2. Are so narrow minded that they are not willing to look at factory documentation and hours of research that folks like Hitman and others have dedicated themselves to.

This T/A was equipped from the factory with the Pontiac 400 4bbl 6.6 liter engine, as clearly stated on the window sticker, and not the W72 T/A 6.6, hence the 6.6 Liter shaker decals. I know, I know...I've heard it all before "my T/A came from the factory with a 400 L78 and it has the T/A 6.6 shaker decal".  I ask you to consider this, did the AM/FM/Cassette option in '78 T/A's come from the factory, or was it a dealer option?  ANSWER: It was a dealer installed option. So doesn't it stand to reason that your "original" T/A just maybe, just maybe, had the shaker decals changed at the dealership because the original buyer wanted it that way?

If you were not the original buyer with the invoice in your name, I really don't think you have the standing to say otherwise, and hearsay just doesn't cut it.
And how many of these so called "survivor" cars that you see at shows are actually 100% original survivor cars? I've seen paint jobs that you would swear are original...until I take my paint meter to it! Then it's a whole other ball game.
So lets all agree to one thing.  Lets be adults and stop trying to trash on other peoples rides. We all own these cars because we enjoy them, and when others act like children and are more interested in a fire hydrant pissing contest than supporting the hobby and each other, I don't think it's appropriate for the rest of us to tolerate that type of immature behavior as stewards of the hobby.
I am trying to get these cars back into the hands of those that appreciate them, that's my job and I take it seriously. Would you go to work everyday for free?  I wouldn't either. So when one of our fellow peers is trying to sell a car, please don't make childish assumptions and run off at the mouth, be considerate and support them, were all trying to make ends meat these days and it's hard enough without doing amongst morons and uneducated dolts (if you need to look that word up...never-mind).

One final thought getting back to my T/A.  I can guarantee you without a shred of doubt that you could not restore a Y88 T/A like this for the kind of money I'm asking. Even if you bought a basket case for $3500 (good luck with that one on a true Y88) and brought it to a reputable shop for the work, you'd be into it over 6-9 months minimum and most likely over 45k to 55k...so how much would that really cost you? Add the interest to your credit cards or loans and put a price on your time.  You do the math, it's really not rocket science!
This car still drives, feels, and smells like new, that's how well maintained it's been! I challenge you to drive a Jaber car, then drive this one. You'll FIND a way to buy this car, that's how confident I am in the condition of this T/A, it's not even in the same class as the other Arizona (Cave Creek Rd.) T/A's! 

With all that off my chest, here's the new eBay link: If anyone is actually in the market and is actively shopping for one of these T/A's, and your serious about the reserve just email or call me, the info's on the auction.  If you want to argue about wheel and shaker decal correctness, keep it yourself and go for a damned walk...the fresh air will do you good! If your tire kicking and just looking at values, get a life and don't waste my time, I have work to do.

With that said...enjoy the photos!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130324113116&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT

Offline y88rick

• Lifetime Member
  • f bodies suck. Don't buy one lol
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 07:13:30 PM »
ummm

uuuuhhhhh
ummmm
wow
sorry the lighting was bad then. but dont know who you targeted there in that respect. but if you dont know someone, dont trash their finances as you dont know how poor or well off someone on here is.

yes you do have a nice car. and if its worth that kind of coin you will prove us wrong by getting that much out of it then! good luck with your sale. Im just one that if i were to pay that kind of money for a car, then it better be 100% how it was supposed to be with zero flaw at all anywhere.

so if my two little measly comments got you bent out of shape well then i appologize but, for you to be so defensive leads me to believe there is more to the story than what is being said?
Too many birds, not enough food.

Offline Anderson0741

• Adv. Member
  • 1979Trans Am 4 Speed
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 08:41:01 PM »
Is this MARKG65 the one selling this car?